Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FFXII revenant Wings
.Cloud
post Oct 31 2006, 02:34 AM
Post #1

Holy Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2946

Sorry Didnt know where to post this at all.

A few new details have come our way on Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings, the DS spinoff of Final Fantasy XII. Dengeki DS Style (a new magazine focusing on the DS and Wii) has an interview with director and scenario writer Motomu Toriyama and co-producer Eisuke Yokoyama, in which the two offered some hints on the game's battle system and storyline.

The game's story takes place following Final Fantasy XII, although Toriyama said that a specific time hasn't been set. Vaan, a pirate, is in search of a treasure, and has just arrived on the floating continent of Puruvama. The game will take place both on this floating continent and on the ground below.

It would be impossible to put in all of Ivalice (the FFXII world), said Yokoyama, but you'll be able to go to the main locations. You'll also be able to see how the characters have gone on to live following the events of Final Fantasy XII, so those who've played the PS2 RPG (it's almost out in America!) will have some bonuses to look forward to.

Due to the portable nature of the DS, the game is being made to be playable in a short bursts. You'll progress through the story speedily, said Toriyama. The story will be comprised of episodes, building up to a large storyline which promises to maintain the Final Fantasy style drama.

Asked if the game would use FFXII's ADB system, Yokoyama said that the battle system is mostly new. However, in order to keep FFXII players from getting confused, there will be a number of shared elements. The Gambit system will be a part of this title, although it will be simplified in order to accommodate beginner players. Also, the battle system will be fully playable with the stylus.

Dengeki asked a question about the number of party members capable of joining your group. To this, Yokoyama responded that Fran and Balthier will definitely join in as party members (they were shown in the Tokyo Game Show trailer, after all). Due to the new game systems, Yokoyama expects there to be more party members than in FFXII.

Summon beasts will apparently play a big role in the game. Toriyama expects Revenant Wings to have the most summon beasts of any Final Fantasy game ever. The summon beasts will be the key to battles, said Toriyama, and their use will be different from that of previous titles.

Revenant Wings will make use of all those nifty features that make the DS so special. In addition to full stylus control, Toriyama hopes to make full use of the dual screens not just for events, but for battles and all game systems as well. The only area being left in the dark at this point is Wi-Fi compatibility. Toriyama feels that the battle system is good for competitive play, but the game won't feature Wi-Fi support unless lag can be eliminated.

Even with all these details, there's still a lot of mystery surrounding Revenant Wings. Screenshots have yet to be shown, for instance. With FFXII set for US release shortly, expect details on this followup to slowly begin trickling out.

Source

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tishannia
post Oct 31 2006, 02:51 AM
Post #2

Holy Member

Member No.: 2969

Sounds interesting. ^^ Although I'm not so keen on all these little spin offs that Squeenix is throwing our way (cept for FF7 *shameful*) XD

--------------------
x x . ♥ [ bree ] // --

+Quote Post
Katya
post Oct 31 2006, 05:43 AM
Post #3

Brutally Honest
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8

The story will be comprised of episodes

Why do I smell FFX-2?

Summon beasts will apparently play a big role in the game. Toriyama expects Revenant Wings to have the most summon beasts of any Final Fantasy game ever. The summon beasts will be the key to battles, said Toriyama, and their use will be different from that of previous titles.

This should be interesting to use all the summons again, but I am not sure if they'll fit into FFXII's world now that all the old regulars have been missing from the original.

--------------------
IPB Image
☆ sig by andrzej ☆
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Oct 31 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #4

Bleh
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1975

I think this will be good smile.gif
Square isnt that bad smile.gif
ahahah

Plus I love ff on DS biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Vameq-sama
post Nov 2 2006, 06:18 AM
Post #5

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 1460

i wanted to see FF:CC on DS, i dunno if it's happening...but this soudns good as long as Katya isn't right adn we got something FFX-2-like, chapters are kinda meh if u do them wrong

--------------------
IPB Image
"Forget all that formal crap about coming at me one at a time! I'll take all you bitches on!!!! *charge*"
-Mugen of 'Samurai Champloo'
IPB Image
Clan Rank: Risk Breaker
+Quote Post
The hero
post Nov 3 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #6

Hey!

Member No.: 1604

So all the characters from FFXII will be in this?I mean Ashe and vaan.

--------------------
IPB Image Gracia Hosokawa, Magoichi Saika, Sun Ce, Sun Shang Xiang, Asuka Kazama, Jin Kazama, Sophitia, Yoshimitsu, Joan of Arc, Lightning are my favorite characters.
+Quote Post
Vameq-sama
post Nov 3 2006, 04:34 AM
Post #7

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 1460

those are nice pics....too bad the DS screen can't render that damn good...>.> EFFING LIE, MAN!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
"Forget all that formal crap about coming at me one at a time! I'll take all you bitches on!!!! *charge*"
-Mugen of 'Samurai Champloo'
IPB Image
Clan Rank: Risk Breaker
+Quote Post
Shalafai
post Nov 6 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #8

Royal Member

Member No.: 3121

Wait, more summonings than any FF game? FF7 had so many so we'll have even more on this one. But we're not using them as summonings, that's interesting.

I am enjoying FFXII so far so I'm without a doubt getting this game when it comes out. I can see that it's going to take forever.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Member of the Singles Family
“King me, baby ... it's oh-so fashionable.”
+Quote Post
VegetaRobGT
post Nov 8 2006, 04:34 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 3237

Any one have screenshots of this game?
+Quote Post
finalbahamut
post Nov 10 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 3364

I don't like DS that much so I won't probably going to enjoy the wonder of this game though its ure looks cute.. ^^

--------------------
+Quote Post
Quasar
post Nov 10 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #11

Holy Member

Member No.: 2431

Why do I get the feeling that this game is going to have a really strange plot twist. Like what if Vaan finds out Ivalice is actually imaginary world and he meets Marche. Since this game is on a portable Nintendo system, what if it connects with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

*Edit* I put Kyte. I actually meant Marche, who was the hero in Tactics Advance.

This post has been edited by Quasar: Nov 14 2006, 01:27 AM

--------------------
"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be... They only lack the light to show the way...For this reason, above all, they're capacity for good...I have sent them you....my only son." ~ Jor-El, Superman The Movie
+Quote Post
*Sakura*
post Nov 11 2006, 05:55 AM
Post #12

woot!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1359

QUOTE(Quasar @ Nov 10 2006, 04:14 PM) *

Why do I get the feeling that this game is going to have a really strange plot twist. Like what if Vaan finds out Ivalice is actually imaginary world and he meets Kyte. Since this game is on a portable Nintendo system, what if it connects with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Ummm, it might have a plot twist, but I do not think it would be that strange.

--------------------
Proud Member of the Chocobo Family!

Married to Jhei_Em.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Mico
post Nov 11 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #13

So what now?
Group Icon

Member No.: 411

Yeah, that'll be too weird. But I'm liking how this game looks. It sure is nice to see a chibi Vaan biggrin.gif

Now I want a DS dry.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
inhert-made
+Quote Post
finalbahamut
post Nov 11 2006, 12:52 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 3364

You can have the old feeling of playing a classic FF when you play this game coz unlike FFXII this game is definitely far from being mature..
It kinda have the cute graphics just like FFIX..

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ashe
post Nov 11 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #15

tainted angel
Group Icon

Member No.: 1130

Wow, well there you go. I've been out of the loop for about two months, and I fail to realise that there's a FFXII spin-off. Well I'll be blowed! From what I've read, I'd say I'm looking forward to it. I love my DS, and FF titles are just always love.

--------------------
"I never blamed you, not once. You came for me, that's all that matters."
+Quote Post
Quasar
post Nov 11 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #16

Holy Member

Member No.: 2431

QUOTE(finalbahamut @ Nov 11 2006, 04:52 AM) *

You can have the old feeling of playing a classic FF when you play this game coz unlike FFXII this game is definitely far from being mature..
It kinda have the cute graphics just like FFIX..

Well, what if the chibis surprise us and have a mature storyline. I mean, the block people in FF7 had a mature storyline. Maybe the chibi people will have one.

--------------------
"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be... They only lack the light to show the way...For this reason, above all, they're capacity for good...I have sent them you....my only son." ~ Jor-El, Superman The Movie
+Quote Post
Iselyn
post Nov 12 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #17

Holy Member

Member No.: 3042

The game itself sounds like it has promise (but that could easily change as more details pour out...) And while I don't care about the chibi-style, I know the graphics won't be all that great. I have a DS; I've seen what's capable of, and it's not even remotely close to that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The hero
post Nov 12 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #18

Hey!

I love this.You can visit any character from FFXII is what it said,thats cool.Its like Kingdom hearts mixed with the old classical FF series.

--------------------
IPB Image Gracia Hosokawa, Magoichi Saika, Sun Ce, Sun Shang Xiang, Asuka Kazama, Jin Kazama, Sophitia, Yoshimitsu, Joan of Arc, Lightning are my favorite characters.
+Quote Post
linkfan57
post Nov 13 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 3555

Just so yall kno....the story takes place before the events in FF XII...its when Vaan and Penelo were about (I'm guessing) 3 years younger.
+Quote Post
The hero
post Nov 13 2006, 03:24 AM
Post #20

Hey!

Revenant Wings said it takes place following FFXII,thats after.I dont think it takes place before cuz Penelo is 17 in this game.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 01:20 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.