Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New FFXII Revenant Wings scan!, Revealing a new character and two first inGame screenshots...
*Sakura*
post Dec 4 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #21

woot!!!
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1359

This scan completely ruined any hope that I had left in this game.

The only way I can be re-interested in this spin-off is if SE decided not to make it look like a kid's cartoon. Which will never happen.

I hate to sound so negative but, Final Fantasy XII is so serious and the sequel seems to lighthearted.

--------------------
Proud Member of the Chocobo Family!

Married to Jhei_Em.

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grivenger
post Dec 4 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #22

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 553

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Dec 4 2006, 10:17 PM) *
I hate to sound so negative but, Final Fantasy XII is so serious and the sequel seems to lighthearted.

And I don't see the problem with that. I mean, if FFXII:RW really was a sequel (like many people seem to think), it would have been weird, but it is a side-story featuring a completely new and unrelated plot. The developers have absolute freedom to decide how serious or not this new plot will be, regardless of how serious or not FFXII's plot was.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Aria
post Dec 4 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #23

Ultimate Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2671

QUOTE(Grivenger @ Dec 5 2006, 12:28 AM) *

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Dec 4 2006, 10:17 PM) *

And I don't see the problem with that. I mean, if FFXII:RW really was a sequel (like many people seem to think), it would have been weird, but it is a side-story featuring a completely new and unrelated plot. The developers have absolute freedom to decide how serious or not this new plot will be, regardless of how serious or not FFXII's plot was.

Er, I am part of the people who've always thought that it was a sequel, but you got me curious. Where did you read it's not going to be one? Do you have a link by any chance?

Thanks wink.gif
+Quote Post
Grivenger
post Dec 4 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #24

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 553

QUOTE(Aria @ Dec 4 2006, 11:36 PM) *
Er, I am part of the people who've always thought that it was a sequel, but you got me curious. Where did you read it's not going to be one? Do you have a link by any chance?

Thanks wink.gif

It was in one of the latest interviews with Toriyama. Don't remember any link at the moment, but he said that although FFXII:RW will take place a year later than FFXII, it will feature a completely new story regarding Vaan's and Penelo's Sky Pirate adventures, and thus the game shoudn't be considered a sequel, but a "side-story".

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Aria
post Dec 4 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #25

Ultimate Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2671

QUOTE(Grivenger @ Dec 5 2006, 12:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Aria @ Dec 4 2006, 11:36 PM) *

Thanks wink.gif

It was in one of the latest interviews with Toriyama. Don't remember any link at the moment, but he said that although FFXII:RW will take place a year later than FFXII, it will feature a completely new story regarding Vaan's and Penelo's Sky Pirate adventures, and thus the game shoudn't be considered a sequel, but a "side-story".

I see. I'm asking because what we saw in the trailer was really consistant with the very last few seconds of FF XII, so sequel seemed a better word for it

Actually, this may confirm what I had heard before FF XII: RW was announced, namely that there would be a full fledged sequel (or prequel) which would be more in tone with the actual game, while this is probably more like a something "on the side"

Thanks for the info wink.gif
+Quote Post
Ethereal Blade
post Dec 5 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #26

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2570

QUOTE(Aria @ Dec 4 2006, 10:40 AM) *

Now while this isn't at the top of my most anticipated games of the next two years, as it is supposed to be an easier game oriented more towards the people not necessarily very familiar with RPGs or towards a younger audience, I'm still grateful for that scan, and unlike everyone else, I do like that winged guy. I dunno, he's got something a little melancholic about him that tells me that this game will not all be flowers and smiles like it seemed it would be from what we had first heard, and to me that's definitely good news!

Well, I actually do not care for this new character (although I guess I don't really know much about him yet)-- I don't necessarily dislike or like him-- but like Aria mentioned, I have a feeling that the game will not necessarily be lighthearted (or at least too lighthearted) due to this "melancholic" look. Not that there's anything wrong with the game being lighthearted, but I just don't want that much lightheartedness (which is what I was expecting when I saw the first screenshots). I just perfer the more "serious" feel of FFXII, that's all.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2018 - 09:28 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.