Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When will Jesus come back ??, for Christians
KeyWielder
post Dec 1 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #1

GET OFF MY DICK

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2545

We all know that he will return someday. But the question is when. It could be tommorrow or a thousand years from now.

What are your opinions ?

--------------------
KEYWIEDLER HAS RETIRED AKA HE'S BANNED !!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
blueshadows
post Dec 2 2006, 08:02 AM
Post #2

Holy Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2324

it's hard being christian. you'd think he'd come now, since so many more people are suffering worldwide compared to his last appearance. terrorism, famine, war, dictatorship, etc. of coarse the excuse "he works in mysterious ways" always works. don't get me wrong, i am christian, but i still have the right to think what i want. if my faith is questionable, it's only because anything truly considered a miracle only happened 2000 or more years ago, and the only thing that says it happened is one book.

This post has been edited by blueshadows: Dec 2 2006, 08:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Marblefist
post Dec 2 2006, 08:38 AM
Post #3

Negrodamus
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 1545

Well i have no clue when he will come, but he will come at the right time whether its in my generation or not.

and the only thing that says it happened is one book.

I disagree, in fact the Bible is composed of many books which have been compiled over the ages. I consider the Bible to be an historical piece of text. For example theres no doubt 90% of the characters in the Bible existed its just there acts which are contestable.

--------------------
Until I force Xiitharn to make me a new sig this writing will have to suffice.
+Quote Post
Burrgle
post Dec 2 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #4

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

When he wants to tongue.gif

Theres your answer! biggrin.gif

But in all honesty, who knows.....when it happens, it happens...if it does happen anyway. Im not the most religious person....but...yea

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you so much Auro!!!!
+Quote Post
Resurrection
post Dec 2 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #5

Love...the most powerful force on Earth
Group Icon

Member No.: 1047

QUOTE(blueshadows @ Dec 2 2006, 03:02 AM) *

don't get me wrong, i am christian, but i still have the right to think what i want. if my faith is questionable, it's only because anything truly considered a miracle only happened 2000 or more years ago, and the only thing that says it happened is one book.

Faith is not based on proof. If there is proof, then it is not faith. Dealing with the fact of there being no proof is just part of being Christian, and we must push through it. And I wouldn't just call the Bible "one book". It is the Word of God, isn't it?

Matthew 24:36
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

This post has been edited by FFmaster08: Dec 2 2006, 01:27 PM

--------------------
Make the 99 become 100
LIES PROTRUDE FROM THE MOUTH OF MAN, BUT EVERY WORD THAT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD IS LIFE.
I AM A LIAR
+Quote Post
Kalantzi5
post Dec 2 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #6

Holy Member

Member No.: 4106

Could be a second after I make this post or in thousands of years. All that is certain is that we will not know before it happens.
+Quote Post
Nick
post Dec 4 2006, 01:34 AM
Post #7

The Captain
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 646

I'm here you fools.

Tsk tsk.

--------------------
The damnation of Faust. Man sells his soul to the devil. All ends in tears, these arrangements usually do.
Married to my MUCH LOVED Drunken Pirating Wench Michiko
+Quote Post
Vameq-sama
post Dec 4 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #8

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 1460

FFmaster makes a good point about faith...it's a leap in belief or something along those lines, u can't say u have faith in something, if it's an undeniable fact because it's fact...there's no faith in it...

I'm not christian, or any religion, really...some say agnostic, i say "i like cereal", but anyway yeah...I don't think the dude's coming back...Apparently he was a pretty cool carpenter, but I don't think that warrants a Rez tongue.gif and now that i've said that, go ahead and flame all ur junk at me...

--------------------
IPB Image
"Forget all that formal crap about coming at me one at a time! I'll take all you bitches on!!!! *charge*"
-Mugen of 'Samurai Champloo'
IPB Image
Clan Rank: Risk Breaker
+Quote Post
Kalantzi5
post Dec 4 2006, 04:13 AM
Post #9

Holy Member

One this that really gets on my nerves is people who completely dismiss Jesus as some "good" guys, or in this case a "pretty cool carpenter". Nothing against you personally Vameq, but people who say that seem uneducated to me. Jesus says that he was God. That means that you can think he was lying, delusional, or God. I'm not sure where people get he was just some good teacher from.

Ok, rant over.
+Quote Post
andrzej
post Dec 4 2006, 04:40 AM
Post #10

Big Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 345

Jesus is not god, he's the divine son of god

But, I don't believe that there is a god, so I don't believe that he'll ever return ... what a weird topic

--------------------
last.fm
mgs4 has come and gone... oh how the time flies

♥SNAKE ARE YOU INFECTED WITH FOXDIE?
...BECAUSE I JUST FELT MY HEART STOP

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post
Vameq-sama
post Dec 4 2006, 04:45 AM
Post #11

Ultimate Member

QUOTE(Kalantzi5 @ Dec 3 2006, 10:13 PM) *

One this that really gets on my nerves is people who completely dismiss Jesus as some "good" guys, or in this case a "pretty cool carpenter". Nothing against you personally Vameq, but people who say that seem uneducated to me. Jesus says that he was God. That means that you can think he was lying, delusional, or God. I'm not sure where people get he was just some good teacher from.

Ok, rant over.

understandable, sometimes christians get on my nerves, too, especially the pushy ones

--------------------
IPB Image
"Forget all that formal crap about coming at me one at a time! I'll take all you bitches on!!!! *charge*"
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Katya
post Dec 4 2006, 04:46 AM
Post #12

Brutally Honest
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

I don't believe Jesus is going to come just because I don't really believe that he even existed.

--------------------
IPB Image
☆ sig by andrzej ☆
+Quote Post
Kalantzi5
post Dec 4 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #13

Holy Member

QUOTE(andrzej @ Dec 4 2006, 04:40 AM) *

Jesus is not god, he's the divine son of god

that is where you get into the theology of the trinity. Most theologians would argue that Jesus was God. The whole three in one deal. I would say that that belief is by far the majority among christians.

This post has been edited by Kalantzi5: Dec 4 2006, 05:00 AM
+Quote Post
andrzej
post Dec 4 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #14

Big Boss
Group Icon

It's kinda hard to follow with that though...

I don't believe Jesus is going to come just because I don't really believe that he even existed.

you can't not believe that Jesus existed, there was this thing where they actually found that a man named Jesus Christ did live in that area during the that period, but whether or not he is the son of god (/or god himself...) or just an average man is the issue with some

--------------------
last.fm

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post
Vameq-sama
post Dec 4 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #15

Ultimate Member

you cna believe whatever u want, actually, for i believe peanut butter is green!! But yeah, apparently they proved his existence long ago

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Katya
post Dec 4 2006, 05:08 AM
Post #16

Brutally Honest
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

you can't not believe that Jesus existed, there was this thing where they actually found that a man named Jesus Christ did live in that area during the that period, but whether or not he is the son of god or just an average man is the issue with some

So in other words, the godly Jesus that I am talking about is still in question of existence. Even if the guy who they found had something to do with it, he probably won't be back because he is dead now.

--------------------
IPB Image
☆ sig by andrzej ☆
+Quote Post
andrzej
post Dec 4 2006, 05:13 AM
Post #17

Big Boss
Group Icon

Bingo

--------------------
last.fm

NET WIKI! & NET-AE
+Quote Post
N2Y
post Dec 4 2006, 06:00 PM
Post #18

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

@andrzej
That's spam. Rules are rules. Warned.

If Jesus ever comes back, it will be when there really is no more hope. When the world is in a new World War, where nuclear weapons are about to destroy the whole planet, where the climate has changed so dramatically that we're literally freezing in hours, etc. That's the time when he could show up. No minute earlier, lol...

No, Im a Christian, but I dont believe he'll come back. He was a great man, he was gifted, and it was his time to go. He was a blessing for men, and he should be seen like that, but nothing more.
Calling him a God, calling him a fake, its all idiotic... It may sound weird out of the mouth of a Christian, but if you ask me, Im just being realistic here. We're talking about a part of a book that is written 2000 years ago about a man that wasnt born or died in the year 0, but much much earlier. Thats one fact that makes that part of the book not to be read literally.

I read the whole Bible as a symbol though. A symbol of how we should learn to forgive, to learn, to accept, to respect, to give, to believe, etc. How one day, we can become complete, whole beings. That's what Jesus tried to teach us... That's what the whole Bible tries to teach us. The people who wrote it, understood the meaning of life, but they used words we have taken literally, ending it up in a fairy tale.

Funny how we rather listen to a part of the Bible that was written by men decades after the real man was born. Sometimes, when you believe in something so deeply, its hard to be skeptical. On first hand, thats a beautiful thing, how you can hold on to something whenever you feel weak and sad. On the other hand, its not true to the man you're believing in.

I mean, if there are Christians who even need to debate over the fact whether Jesus was a rebel or not, shows how some rather live in a dream than face facts that actually make one more powerful than they already are claimed to be.

Yeah, Im going very deep in here.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Resurrection
post Dec 4 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #19

Love...the most powerful force on Earth
Group Icon

Member No.: 1047

QUOTE(new2ya @ Dec 4 2006, 01:00 PM) *

Calling him a God, calling him a fake, its all idiotic... It may sound weird out of the mouth of a Christian, but if you ask me, Im just being realistic here. We're talking about a part of a book that is written 2000 years ago about a man that wasnt born or died in the year 0, but much much earlier.

What do you mean by "wasn't born"? And didn't he die later than 0 AD? Somewhere between 30-35 AD?

And we listen to the Bible written decades later because we believe it is the Word of God. We believe that Jesus is God.

This post has been edited by FFmaster08: Jun 28 2007, 04:09 PM

--------------------
Make the 99 become 100
LIES PROTRUDE FROM THE MOUTH OF MAN, BUT EVERY WORD THAT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD IS LIFE.
I AM A LIAR
+Quote Post
Kalantzi5
post Dec 4 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #20

Holy Member

If one is to read the book of Revalations in the Bible, which is by far the most confusing one, he will see that the end times do not begin after a huge catastrophe. There are several things that need to happen, the temple of Solomon needs to be rebuilt is one of the main ones, but a disaster is not one of them according to the Bible.

@new2ya: I would be interested to see where you found that info on nuclear bombs and that stuff.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2018 - 08:31 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.