Travis Justin
post Dec 23 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #21

Stoned Smart Ass
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3467

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Dec 23 2006, 03:56 AM) *

I always thought the bondsman was irrelevant, and that magic would know anyway. Who knows, maybe they found a way to trick magic too. ^^

It doesn't make sense to me that the bondsman is irrelevant though. Bellatrix was excited when Snape told her he'd let her be the bondsman, why else would it have been better for her to be it then anyone else of Snapes choosing, unless it makes her have some sort of power over the bond. Another theory I heard to back up Dumbledore being alive was that maybe he has a horcrux. A horcrux itself isn't evil, just the act of having to kill to split the soul. We already know Dumbledore has killed at least one dark wizard, I can't remember the name of that wizard but it's on his Frog card. It could be possible that since the murder was already committed he took advantage and put a piece of his soul into Fawkes, hence the fire from his tomb. I don't really like that theory, but it's always possible.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Everything in moderation, including moderation" - Mark Twain
"Make the most of the hemp seed, and sow it everywhere" - George Washington
"Marijuana use causes pacifism and communist brainwashing" - Harry Anslinger
<3 B.Valentine
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Dec 24 2006, 01:50 AM
Post #22

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 828

It doesn't make sense to me that the bondsman is irrelevant though. Bellatrix was excited when Snape told her he'd let her be the bondsman, why else would it have been better for her to be it then anyone else of Snapes choosing, unless it makes her have some sort of power over the bond.

I thought she was suprised Snape accepted the Unbreakable Vow rather then being excited she was the bondsman.

Another theory I heard to back up Dumbledore being alive was that maybe he has a horcrux. A horcrux itself isn't evil, just the act of having to kill to split the soul. We already know Dumbledore has killed at least one dark wizard, I can't remember the name of that wizard but it's on his Frog card. It could be possible that since the murder was already committed he took advantage and put a piece of his soul into Fawkes, hence the fire from his tomb. I don't really like that theory, but it's always possible.

That is a GREAT theory, and very possible! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
+Quote Post
Travis Justin
post Dec 24 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #23

Stoned Smart Ass
Group Icon

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Dec 23 2006, 08:50 PM) *

Another theory I heard to back up Dumbledore being alive was that maybe he has a horcrux. A horcrux itself isn't evil, just the act of having to kill to split the soul. We already know Dumbledore has killed at least one dark wizard, I can't remember the name of that wizard but it's on his Frog card. It could be possible that since the murder was already committed he took advantage and put a piece of his soul into Fawkes, hence the fire from his tomb. I don't really like that theory, but it's always possible.

That is a GREAT theory, and very possible! biggrin.gif

It is, but I still don't really like it. It does make a lot of sense, especially since Dumbledore has so much knowledge about horcruxs. I just don't like the fact that it kinda connects Dumbledore to Voldermort. Though J.K. does have her main character totally connected to Voldermort I just think it's different because Harry didn't choose to do it, whereas Dumbledore would have chosen this for himself.

I was also thinking about this. It'll connect with Harry being a horcrux. I think after all the other horcruxs are destroyed Voldermort will kill Harry himself (getting rid of his last horcrux) and then Snape will kill Voldermort. Personally I agree with you that Snape isn't evil, I honestly feel to much in common with Snape to see him as evil. He's also my favorite character.

This post has been edited by Travis Justin: Dec 24 2006, 07:20 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 B.Valentine
+Quote Post
Larien
post Dec 24 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #24

MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM...
Group Icon

Member No.: 901

Clever about the title and it's meaning.

My vote goes for Harry being hit by a bus in the first chapter! xD

But seriously, I'm afraid J.K. Rowling is going to kill off too many likable characters. If Ron and Hermione die, people might honestly show up at her door with pitchforks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Revolver Ocelot
post Dec 24 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #25

Ultimate Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3794

I can imagine Hagrid dying.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Larien
post Dec 24 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #26

MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM...
Group Icon

Member No.: 901

QUOTE(Revolver Ocelot @ Dec 24 2006, 11:07 AM) *

I can imagine Hagrid dying.

ohmy.gif That would be horrible! But you're right, I can see J.K. doing it. That's actually who I had my money on in the last book, but instead I got a nasty surprise when I found out differently.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Dec 27 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #27

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 828

I quite literally had money on Hagrid dieing in the last book. sad.gif Stupid Dumbledore, couldn't he have landed on Hagrid or something? XD

Personally I agree with you that Snape isn't evil, I honestly feel to much in common with Snape to see him as evil. He's also my favorite character.

I never liked him in the books. He's good in the movies though, Alan Rickman plays him really well. He had the only good line in the first movie.

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
+Quote Post
seano287
post Jan 7 2007, 04:14 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 4899

I hate the name. I'm already disappointed and I haven't even begun reading it yet. It's such a stupid name. And the shortest name. And the least specific name.

Hopefully it changes.
+Quote Post
BlackMage
post Jan 7 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #29

Holy Member

Member No.: 2859

I like the title, gives it a darker feeling, an older perspective.

And just like everyone else I am biting my nails to find out everything that is going to happen. should be the best one yet.

QUOTE(Travis Justin @ Dec 22 2006, 01:09 AM) *

So what do you guys think about the rumor that Harry will die??

No way, the main character?! that would be a first in any book I have read and its Harry Potter! the last series of books i would think that the main character dies in.

Around the world kids adore him and people dress up as him every release day and halloween, that rumor is totally wrong.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

"Even though the currency of Led zeppelin has been re-evaluated so many times for different reasons - out in the cold, back in again, big riffs, here comes The Cult - it's stunning stuff"
- Robert Plant
+Quote Post
Travis Justin
post Jan 7 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #30

Stoned Smart Ass
Group Icon

QUOTE(seano287 @ Jan 6 2007, 11:14 PM) *

I hate the name. I'm already disappointed and I haven't even begun reading it yet. It's such a stupid name. And the shortest name. And the least specific name.

Hopefully it changes.

All her books are named like that. Where have you been??

No way, the main character?! that would be a first in any book I have read and its Harry Potter! the last series of books i would think that the main character dies in.

Around the world kids adore him and people dress up as him every release day and halloween, that rumor is totally wrong.

You know that JK herself has said she would kill of Harry? This rumor has some serious stuff backing it up. You've seriously never read a book or watched a movie where the main Character dies??

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 B.Valentine
+Quote Post
kingkiller
post Jan 16 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #31

Royal Member

Member No.: 1158

The big question other than "who's going to die?" is how is Harry possibly going to kill Voldemort? We know that he'll have to destroy all the hocruxes before he can truly kill Voldemort, but how is going to do it at the end?

The Avada Kedavra? I really don't see Harry using this as he was already unable to use Cruciatus Curse effectively. Perhaps he'll plunge the sword of Gryffindor into Voldemort.

Or use the power Voldemort has not (love) by hugging him, resulting in Voldemort disappearing in a puff of smoke. Or that might just be a little too weird.
+Quote Post
N2Y
post Jan 16 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #32

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Dec 27 2006, 09:07 AM) *

I quite literally had money on Hagrid dieing in the last book. sad.gif Stupid Dumbledore, couldn't he have landed on Hagrid or something? XD

XD

I already see it happen. Dumbledore smashed through walls and trees, risen up in the air and falls lower and lower and lower and lower, right on Hagrid's butt. Would be a nice plot twist. Seriously, I would congratulate JK for making the book a bit more funny.

Or use the power Voldemort has not (love) by hugging him, resulting in Voldemort disappearing in a puff of smoke. Or that might just be a little too weird.

Aaaahahaha!

The internet will be full of silly Harry loves Voldemort fangirls/fanboys... Oh gheez... its gonna happen, isnt it? xD

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Travis Justin
post Feb 1 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #33

Stoned Smart Ass
Group Icon

Surprised no one has posted this yet.

They announced the release...

July 21 07

This is actually sooner then I thought.

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 B.Valentine
+Quote Post
steiner
post Feb 1 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #34

It's been too long...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1745

Whats the bet I get it for a birthday present..?

Probably 100% - not that I mind. I enjoy her books (even if they are over rated). Im not too sure about the name. Sounds a bit cliched to me.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Foolish. Picking fights with strangers in a place like this... I used to know someone like that. He was a loser... He refused to find beneficial ways to use his power. Instead, he'd seek out people to fight..." -Amarant Coral, FFIX
Mmmmm....Married to Garlz, Mel and KittenLittle.
+Quote Post
Maiden of Rabanastre
post Feb 19 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #35

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 1898

QUOTE(Larien @ Dec 24 2006, 01:58 PM) *

But seriously, I'm afraid J.K. Rowling is going to kill off too many likable characters. If Ron and Hermione die, people might honestly show up at her door with pitchforks.

I will personally fly to her house, wherever it is in Scotland, and raise hell.

As for the sudden release, I'm pretty excited myself, although I can't say any Potter fan will be too pleased with the ending, whatever the surprise may be. All we can do is cross our fingers for a semi-pleasant finale, though I've no objection to a tragedy. Since Rowling claims Harry will die, well, I guess there's not much else we can expect from it. The book may turn out to be dismal reading anyway.
+Quote Post
Aze
post Mar 28 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #36

Holy Member

Member No.: 7064

Im a BIG Harry Potter fan, bet ive read the books (all of them) around 9 times. Too bad its comming to an end. I really hope the ending will be unexpected and surprises the ass of everyone. Tho, im not sure what I belive will happen. There is SO much that can happen. Rowlings may even make up something new!

--------------------
IPB Image

Part of the Viera Family. Aze, Viera chef.
*Man, my penis is so big if I laid it out on a keyboard it'd go all the way from A to Z.
*wait, shit
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Jul 12 2007, 01:51 AM
Post #37

I've got rain in my veins
Group Icon

Member No.: 8127

I'm so excited for book 7. Like my sig says, it's only 10 days away! I'm really scared she's killed off Lupin. I know in my heart she probably has, and if JKR has, I will bawl. I love Lupin. Especially now that him and Tonks are together.

I really want Harry and Hermione to die. They're both so annoying.

I'm also scared she'll kill off my loveable Weasleys. I will once again bawl.

Anyways, I'm excited. I'm getting my copy at midnight and I'm staying up as long as it takes me to read it.

Oooh, I'm so pumped now.

EDIT: If mods read this, sorry I posted since it's been awhile since the last person. But I wasn't going to start a new topic, and seeing how it's so close, I wanted to discuss it. So sorry again.

This post has been edited by Princess Garnet: Jul 12 2007, 01:52 AM

--------------------
I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
I like to keep my issue drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn

Xii<3
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Jul 12 2007, 08:30 AM
Post #38

Bleh
Group Icon

Member No.: 1975

^ lol at edit!

Like others I hope hadgrid dies..

Im re-reading the books now so I can remeber more the this one. I just finished the order of the phionex ... I saw the movie but meh.

Hopefully Cho comes back because i love Cho.. * suspicous look*

I relised that neville is a cool character XD!!!

OMG OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!! * saves money*

anywho I need to find the half blood prince. I forgot where I placed it and its contents!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
swim.down
post Jul 12 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #39

playrewindplayrewindplay

Member No.: 2754

I agree with the fact that killing Harry Potter will just make all the kids in the world depressed and angry, and then the world will implode.
smile.gif

I theory I have is that Harry is one of the Horcruxes, and at the end of the book, Harry defeats Voldemort, but then commits suicide or dies in some way to kill Voldemort's soul within him. BUT, Harry will then come back alive, since it's only Voldemort's soul that died, not his. Then his scar will disappear. Or something symbolically gay like that.

Very unlikely, but I like to speculate smile.gif

EDIT: I hope Seamus Finnigan dies, cause he's annoying and ugly smile.gif

This post has been edited by swim.down: Jul 12 2007, 08:44 AM

--------------------

IPB Image

swimming with swordy!
proud student of hogwarts, slytherin house!IPB Image
+Quote Post
fierytempest
post Jul 12 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #40

I've got rain in my veins
Group Icon

Member No.: 8127

QUOTE(swim.down @ Jul 12 2007, 03:43 AM) *

I agree with the fact that killing Harry Potter will just make all the kids in the world depressed and angry, and then the world will implode.
smile.gif

I theory I have is that Harry is one of the Horcruxes, and at the end of the book, Harry defeats Voldemort, but then commits suicide or dies in some way to kill Voldemort's soul within him. BUT, Harry will then come back alive, since it's only Voldemort's soul that died, not his. Then his scar will disappear. Or something symbolically gay like that.

Very unlikely, but I like to speculate smile.gif

EDIT: I hope Seamus Finnigan dies, cause he's annoying and ugly smile.gif

Not me! I'd be glad! tongue.gif

Actually, a lot of people have theories like that. I think it's an interesting one, and even a possible one, but it's kind of obvious. You know? And JKR never does obvious.

Seamus is too secondary too die. tongue.gif

Oh, Josh you bring up a good point. I'm really interested to see what goes on with Neville. Most people (including myself) think he'll fight Bellatrix. I think it'd be sad if he died. I like Neville. sad.gif

What do you guys think about Snape? I think he's self serving and will do anything to get what he wants. Besides, Slytherins do they're best to achieve they're means. (God, I'm such a nerd...I know the Sorting Hat song sad.gif)

--------------------
I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
I like to keep my issue drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn

Xii<3
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2018 - 12:44 PM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.