post Jan 2 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #1

"What is the cost of my immortality?" - Kaim Argonar
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2181

Official Mistwalker Thread can be found here:

Official Xbox 360 Thread:

Well, here it is. I guess many of you already know most of this but still, I just tried to give a little overview of it all. There are still some things I’m missing like the backwards compatible for example, I will add it later.

Which Console for You?

IPB Image

Here is everything nicely explained about what you will get with your purchase:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm
---

And as for the Xbox 360 Elite:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360elite/default.htm

Here is the difference:
- Color: Black
- Huge 120GB hard drive
- HDMI port

^They will make all the Elite accessories available to be Sold separately. The 120 GB hard drive, if you really want and/or need it but the option will be there. Along with the black Wireless Controller, the black Headset, the Xbox 360 HDMI cable...well you get the idea.

Lastly, here is a new Interview with Michael Newey, Platform Marketing Manager of Xbox Europe that was released after the Official announcement of the Elite:
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4145_en.html

Personally, I would still go with the Xbox 360 Pro Console ($349) since I am perfectly happy with what I have, it really doesn’t change anything. Plus: We got a pretty good Bundle deal with it already and I also prefer the color White. xD But it’s your Choice.

=============================================

Xbox 360 Games:
To Check out all the Xbox 360 Games, Upcoming Games, Xbox live Arcade Games, Tips & Tricks etc.
Go here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/?WT.svl=nav

^EDIT: I’ve noticed that there are quite a few games that are coming out on the X360 that don’t even show up yet when you type them in the Search engine. So here is a list that someone created; but to list them all here would take up way too much space; so instead, I just give the link for it.

Compiled list of all (most) of the Xbox360 games that will be released in 2007:
http://www.xboxyde.com/forum_8_17041_1_en.html

Even though, there are some games on there that will most definitely be released in 2008. Still, it gives you a little overview of the games that are coming up.

==============================================

Are You Addicted to Achievements?
Achievements can only be earned by playing Xbox 360 games.
Some games can have up to 1000 Achievement Points, but it is up to the Developers as to, how much they want to put in and how they are going to split them up etc…

Once you get onto Xbox Live you'll be able to check on the games that your friends have played, tracking the number of achievement points that they've received. It may not sound like much at first, but you may find yourself checking out their scores more and more, and it won't be long before you're spending more time comparing scores than actually playing games against them.
To learn more:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/myxbox/myachieve....htm?WT.svl=nav

You can also Purchase Microsoft Points on Xbox Live or at retail locations and redeem them in the Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, games, demos, trailers, and more.

IPB Image
Personalization
Removable faceplates let you instantly change the look of your console. Customize Xbox 360 with a faceplate to match your own personal style.

Xbox Live Membership Levels:

- Xbox Live GOLD Account:
All the Silver level benefits PLUS:

• Great online multiplayer gameplay
• Xbox Live Marketplace: Get both exclusive and early access content
• Revolutionary TrueSkill™ matchmaking
• Enhanced gamer feedback
• Enhanced friends list management

You are also able purchase Pre-paid LIVE Cards at stores like Best Buy or Target, and then put the code on the back of that Pre-paid card that you purchased into the redeem code part when connecting to Live.

No Credit Card required.

===
- Xbox Live SILVER Account:

Silver is Free.
• Create your gamer profile
• Create and maintain a friends list
• Access Xbox Live Marketplace including Xbox Live Arcade, demos, and trailers
• Send and receive text and voice messages
• Join in special Xbox Live Gold trial opportunities
• Access massively multiplayer games

---
IPB Image
Video Chat and Messaging
With the new Xbox Live Vision accessory, hook up with friends and chat to your heart's content. See who's online and send audio and video messages.

IPB Image
Xbox Live Marketplace:
IPB Image
Download new quests, vehicles, characters, weapons, and more to keep your games fresh and challenging.

IPB Image
Mix it up and swap it out. Change the look of your Xbox Dashboard by downloading the newest themes.

IPB Image
Personalize your gamer card with a gamer picture that represents you. Grab a new look for each day!

IPB Image
Choose from hundreds of standard- and high-definition TV shows and movies to download to your console.

Also,
- No need to wait for that disc in the mail—get playable game demos from Marketplace and check them out now.
- Download and watch the latest trailers for upcoming games and movies. Save favorites to show your friends.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/gamecontent.htm
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/?WT.svl=nav

What is Xbox Live Arcade on Xbox 360?
IPB Image
Xbox Live® Arcade is your destination to find, download, try, and buy smaller games for your Xbox 360™ console. Discover a variety of genres, including puzzle games, card and board titles, retro arcade faves, and action games. It's easy to get started. Just go to your Xbox 360 Games Blade and choose the Xbox Live Arcade option.
You can sample all Xbox Live Arcade games for free before you buy.

To learn more:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/livearcade...360/?WT.svl=nav

----------------------
Xbox FAQ:
Support for your Xbox
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/?WT.svl=nav

Including:
- System Setup
- System Use
- Connect to Xbox Live
- Family Settings
- Contact Support
-----------

And just some additional Stuff:

10 Top Tips for your Xbox 360:
http://www.xboxic.com/news/2169#more-2169

Xbox 360 Accessories:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/accessories/?WT.svl=nav

Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to Your Xbox 360:
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12316/Connec...-Your-Xbox-360/

====================================================

IPB Image

Xbox Live GamerTags:

Xbox Live GamerTag //// FFXII.Net Member Name

Kainsavenger //// kainsavenger
Boosted B13 //// steven
Jotunheim151 //// Revolver Ocelot
Tanjavasi //// tanjavasi
Avasi //// a_vasi
Evinex //// LoneWolf
Mjrn //// Michiko
Shrin Lightning //// Delusive

^thanks to Snake for the nice, little set-up. (PS: I just added the top picture biggrin.gif )

--------------------
IPB Image

Blue Dragon has arrived !!!
Lost Odyssey coming Holiday 2007 ^_^
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jan 2 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #2

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 828

Great job A_Vasi. smile.gif

Can someone answer my newb question now? Will playing games on Xbox Live effect my internet quota, and if so, how much will it effect it?

EDIT: Its extremely likely I'll be getting a 360, Xbox Live Gold and Gears of War in a couple of hours. Thanks to everyone for answering my question. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by LoneWolf: Jan 2 2007, 02:34 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
+Quote Post
a_vasi
post Jan 2 2007, 03:02 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

At first I wasn’t exactly sure what you were asking about. But I found this on another forum. I think this should answer your question; I hope so at least:
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?p=8457192

Or maybe you could even ask on the ‘Xbox World Australia Main User Forums’:
http://www.xboxworld.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Hope that helps.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Snake
post Jan 2 2007, 06:42 AM
Post #4

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

*pinned*

Amazing work. biggrin.gif Glad to see an Xbox 360 thread around here. smile.gif Now, the fun will truly begin.
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jan 2 2007, 09:31 AM
Post #5

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

@A_Vasi- Thanks for the link, it says 2GB will be fine, but it doesn't really explain how much it will use. I can only use 8GB each month before my broadband turns to dial-up (because I'm on a shaped plan). I need to know how much playing normal games will effect that quota. Its sort of hard to explain. >< Another question- how big (MBs) is the Lost Planet demo and can I play it without Xbox Live Gold?

I got a 360! biggrin.gif It took 5 hours, we went to 6 shops, a LOT of things went wrong, but I finally got a decent deal. I won't be able to buy Lost Planet anymore though (because EB Games SUCK... $30 for 8 games my ass...), but everything else's fine. Unfortunately I won't be able to play a game for another day. I bought a copy of Gears of War before I bought the console, and then went to other shops looking for the actual Xbox 360. In other of those shops I found a Limited Edition! There wasn't enough time to take the standard copy back before the shops close, so I have to go back tommorow. So in other words, I have an Xbox 360 and Gears of War, but I'm not able to play the game. sad.gif Still, its great having a new console. biggrin.gif

I also didn't get Xbox Live. I'm not sure how I'm meant to get it, I didn't see that gold box anywhere. And if it comes with a headset, what happens in a years time when I need to get Xbox Live Gold again? ><

I think everything about the console is perfect except the D-Pad (which sucks), how it plays DVDs (utterly CR*P compared to the way Playstation consoles play them), the time it takes to turn on (I thought it was broken at first) and the ethernet cord they gave me was WAY too short. As I said, everything else is perfect. biggrin.gif

Here's a picture to proove I bought it. tongue.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Tie...otosxbox014.jpg

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jan 2 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #6

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2987

Glad to hear it LoneWolf and AMAZING work a_vasi!

Also, LoneWolf, you can also get the wireless adapter for it but luckily the ethernet cord is long enough for me. Anyway, I have known about problems with the d-pad but to tell you the truth, I've had no problems with it myself. As for the DVD player, I tend to use a real DVD player in the first place (first time I always used my 360 DVD player until I got an HD compatible DVD player for my room). I also haven't really noticed it taking THAT much time to turn on, the ring will glow green and then the screen will appear with the XBOX logo.

You also said you got a limited edition....GoW or XBOX 360?

This post has been edited by Delusive: Jan 2 2007, 09:23 PM

--------------------
Most Anticipated Title(s): Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey
Now Playing: Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 2, and Gears of War
+Quote Post
Michiko
post Jan 2 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #7

b r e a t h e
Group Icon

Member No.: 4034

Great job!!!!

I've got the premium version of the console with the wireless adapter and Xbox Live. I've only two games though...Oblivion and GoW. Love both of them to death.

My gamertag is Mjrn if anyone is up for a GoW match! It doesn't show all my achievements as I have another profile for other games.

The only thing I can complain about is the fact that it is so LOUD! It's fine when I'm playing games...I can drown it out since I'm distracted...but when watching movies...cannot stand it. I opt for other consoles to play DVDs.

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 my Nickling
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jan 2 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #8

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Yea, it's the loudest system which is probably my biggest complaint.

--------------------
+Quote Post
joesmith123
post Jan 2 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #9

Cor Blimey!
Group Icon

Member No.: 866

^Yeah, it makes some pretty lound noises which I don't like. But, what aggravates me is when it has a disc read error and tells me to clean the disc or system when both are flawless and then forces me to restart. It wasn't a big deal in a game like Oblivion where I could save whenever I wanted to when I saw that the error was coming judging by the noises coming from my 360. But, with games like Dead Rising and its few save points it can be a real big pain in the ass.

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks again to Snake for another great sig. As always his work on my behalf is greatly appreciated.
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jan 2 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #10

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

My 360 never does that and I even spilled soda on it...

Maybe I'm just lucky with consoles (I've had no console whatsoever break down. Ever.).

--------------------
+Quote Post
tanjavasi
post Jan 3 2007, 12:10 AM
Post #11

|| Lost Odyssey ||
Group Icon

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jan 2 2007, 03:31 AM) *
I bought a copy of Gears of War before I bought the console, and then went to other shops looking for the actual Xbox 360. In other of those shops I found a Limited Edition! There wasn't enough time to take the standard copy back before the shops close, so I have to go back tommorow. So in other words, I have an Xbox 360 and Gears of War, but I'm not able to play the game. sad.gif Still, its great having a new console. biggrin.gif

Here's a picture to proove I bought it. tongue.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Tie...otosxbox014.jpg
Nice picture you took there. Gears of War is phenomenal (and that is coming from a female player who generally despises action games). Besides the gameplay being great fun, the characters who fight along side you actually have character! (I did not expect that from this game at all)
You will see what I mean very soon smile.gif

About the Lost Planet demo, you just need the silver (free) account to be able to download it from the Marketplace...so basically, all you have to do is to connect your 360 to the Internet. The demo is around 300 MB (as far as I know)

QUOTE(joesmith123 @ Jan 2 2007, 05:46 PM) *
But, what aggravates me is when it has a disc read error and tells me to clean the disc or system when both are flawless and then forces me to restart.
I have not had my XBox360 for long (since December 22nd to be exact) but I have been playing several games every day ever since I got the system, I did not encounter one single problem so far (no "disk error" or anything)...I have also been "testing" a few of my old Xbox titles, and they work like a charm on the 360; and they look better as well.

Yes, the XBox360 is a little noisy when a disc is spinning inside of it...but when playing games, it does not bother me one bit - I never used my PS2 or XBox to play movies with and I am not planning to use my XBox360 for watching movies either.

--------------------

IPB Image

My Gametrailers.com Videos Channel! | Xbox360 RPGs: LINK!

- - -
Currently playing: Mass Effect (Xbox360), Lost Planet (Xbox360) & The Bouncer (PS2)
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jan 3 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #12

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I actually find the system to be really quiet. Its much quieter then my PS2 anyway. ^__^

Nice picture you took there. Gears of War is phenomenal (and that is coming from a female player who generally despises action games). Besides the gameplay being great fun, the characters who fight along side you actually have character! (I did not expect that from this game at all)
You will see what I mean very soon

Thanks, I can't wait. Just a few hours more...

About the Lost Planet demo, you just need the silver (free) account to be able to download it from the Marketplace...so basically, all you have to do is to connect your 360 to the Internet. The demo is around 300 MB (as far as I know)

Thanks again, I'll be downloading that soon. biggrin.gif

I'm getting a Limited Edition GoW today (I'm taking back the standard copy). smile.gif I bought the normal game, then went to another and saw the Limited (which I didn't think had come to Australia).

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
a_vasi
post Jan 3 2007, 01:59 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jan 3 2007, 12:51 AM) *

You will see what I mean very soon

Thanks, I can't wait. Just a few hours more...

She is playing the game while I am watching, she is more into it then I am.
She can watch me once I play BD and LO though cool.gif

But yes, the characters in Gears of War really do have some nice and (at times) quite amusing conversations.

Thanks again, I'll be downloading that soon. biggrin.gif

The Lost Planet demo is great fun, you won't be disappointed with it.
I have yet to completely finish it though, for some reason I always end up dying tongue.gif

I'm getting a Limited Edition GoW today (I'm taking back the standard copy). smile.gif I bought the normal game, then went to another and saw the Limited (which I didn't think had come to Australia).

So I am guessing the "Lost Planet Collector's Edition" will also come to Australia...(just something to keep in mind I guess wink.gif ;....if you are interested in getting it that is and/or if you can )

QUOTE(Delusive @ Jan 2 2007, 11:56 PM) *

Maybe I'm just lucky with consoles (I've had no console whatsoever break down. Ever.).

Ditto.
I even put a nice, clean, little blanket over my consoles to protect them from collecting dust during the night. Yup.

---
Oh and Thanks everyone! smile.gif
Even though I took like 99.9% of my info from the www.xbox.com Site. lol But everything is just really nicely explained there.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jan 3 2007, 07:22 AM
Post #14

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I got the Gears of War Limited Edition! It rocks, I'm so glad I went back, the art book alone was worth it. ^^ I havn't even checked out the extra DVD yet. The game is genius... I'm having more fun with it than I did with Halo. The graphics are amazing, the AI is the best I've ever seen (maybe I havn't played the right games...), and its REALLY fun to play. It was aggrivating at first because I sucked at it (playing on Hardcore), but when I started to get good at it it was awesome. I'm sort of worried I'll be stuck when it gets harder though cause I die a lot. Picture of the game, the 360 and the TV (the TV's the only crappy thing ^^) coming soon. biggrin.gif

I've also tried connecting to Xbox Live, thats a pain. I accidently put in my age wrong, and it won't let me go back and change it. When I try to create a new one, it says that my email address already has a Windows Live thing, and that I'll have to stick with it. So I'm going to need to get a new website address, great. rolleyes.gif Does anyone know how to delete a Windows Live account?

So I am guessing the "Lost Planet Collector's Edition" will also come to Australia...(just something to keep in mind I guess ;....if you are interested in getting it that is and/or if you can )

I am interested in getting it, and I thought I had the money, but EB Games only wanted my 8 games for $30. I was expecting $100 + (afterall, I bought them for a total of about $500). I said no, obviously. ^^ Sorry, I'm ranting. ><

Oh and Thanks everyone!
Even though I took like 99.9% of my info from the www.xbox.com Site. lol But everything is just really nicely explained there.

You still did a brilliant job. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by LoneWolf: Jan 3 2007, 07:27 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
N2Y
post Jan 3 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #15

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

QUOTE(joesmith123 @ Jan 3 2007, 12:46 AM) *

^Yeah, it makes some pretty lound noises which I don't like. But, what aggravates me is when it has a disc read error and tells me to clean the disc or system when both are flawless and then forces me to restart. It wasn't a big deal in a game like Oblivion where I could save whenever I wanted to when I saw that the error was coming judging by the noises coming from my 360. But, with games like Dead Rising and its few save points it can be a real big pain in the ass.

Oh gheez. Does that happen with your 360?!

Im the type of guy that gets utterly hateful against a console at that point. If my PS2 would do that, Id seriously throw it away. I cant play like that ya know? xD

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jan 3 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #16

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

I finally got into Xbox Live and I have Gold free for a month! I played one game of the Lost Planet demo online, but the whole time I was playing my controller kept saying it was disconnected. It took me a little while to realise my controller needed to be charged. ^^

So there's a friends list right? And people add eachothers Gamertags to them? I'd love to play you all at Gears. I'd get owned, but it'd still be fun. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
L.J.
post Jan 3 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #17

?!?!
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

Great job mate. Good to see all the consoles with a thread and pinned.

I just got one question? Why is the Mistwalker one still pinned? It doesn't make sense, might as well pin an EA, SE thread as well.

Blue Dragon is already out, so the other game is LO which won't be out for another year.

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post
N2Y
post Jan 3 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #18

Wiiii Love PS3... and Jessica Alba! And Penelope Cruz!
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

QUOTE(X-Master @ Jan 3 2007, 09:04 PM) *

Great job mate. Good to see all the consoles with a thread and pinned.

I just got one question? Why is the Mistwalker one still pinned? It doesn't make sense, might as well pin an EA, SE thread as well.

Blue Dragon is already out, so the other game is LO which won't be out for another year.

The reason why it was pinned was because we have multiple Final Fantasy sections, so I and a_vasi figured Mistwalker could get a some attention.

I'm gonna leave it to the members to decide whether we keep the topic pinned or not. It's getting a little too pinned up there, so yeah...

Discuss that! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jan 3 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #19

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Actually, Lost Odyssey is coming out THIS year, just at the end of it and in the middle of the year, ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat is coming out. We also have to realize that Blue Dragon has yet to come out to the other parts of the world so there'll be plenty discussing there.

And the Mistwalker thread is a bit more relevant with this being a Final Fantasy forum - Mistwalker was started by Hironobu Sakaguchi, father of Final Fantasy.

I would even support a Square official thread if anyone wanted it (not like my supportment [new word] would bring anything) but the only other company I think deserves a thread is Square (since this is a Final Fantasy thread).

Anyway, those two companies I mentioned are the only ones that have a strong connection to Final Fantasy so it'd seem appropriate for one to have their topic stay pinned while another one could be created if there was need of it.

This post has been edited by Delusive: Jan 4 2007, 12:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
L.J.
post Jan 4 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #20

?!?!
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

Nevermind, new2ya explained it nicely. Leave the thread pinned. It makes perfect sense.

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post

69 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 03:58 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.