> Official Xbox 360 Thread
Snake
post Jan 5 2007, 08:05 AM
Post #41

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

This is no fun! I'm excluded out of this! sad.gif Times like these, I wish I had an Xbox 360. Yeah, I said it!

Anyways, a_vasi, here's a thought. Why don't you update your first post with the gamertags of the people that have Xbox Live on FFXII.Net? Of course, that would only be if they want there name viewed by the whole forum, but it does seem that way since they are having posts with it in there. It will be a way to keep track of everything, so that way if a member on here gets Xbox Live, they can come here, look at the first post, and add who they see. It would be nice to, to have it at the beginning of the post, somewheres, and make it like a list.. left if the Xbox Live GamerTag, and the right is their FFXII.Net Member Name. Kinda like so:

Xbox Live GamerTags:

Xbox Live GamerTag //// FFXII.Net Member Name

Avasi //// a_vasi
Evinex //// LoneWolf
Mjrn //// Michiko
Shrin Lightning //// Delusive

So on and so forth.

Because, I don't think people are going to want to dig through all the pages that this thread might make, looking for member's gamertags. biggrin.gif Just an idea.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jan 5 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #42

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 828

^Great idea KI. biggrin.gif I can imagine how you feel about missing out. >< There'll be more people on this forum with PS3s than 360s though. Good luck filling up a Resistance match. tongue.gif

Four more people and we can have a full GoW match with just FFXII.net members. biggrin.gif I need to get better, I'm only getting 1 or 2 kills every match I play.

This post has been edited by LoneWolf: Jan 5 2007, 08:25 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Signiture made by Charlie (different forum, 2002)
+Quote Post
tanjavasi
post Jan 5 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #43

|| Lost Odyssey ||
Group Icon

Member No.: 980

Indeed...this is a very good idea Snake; I am sure a_vasi agrees with that too!

Everyone, I have a QUESTION:

Anna and I share one Xbox360 sad.gif...still, we both have our own Xbox Live accounts...now to my question; can both of us play with you guys online at the same time via split screen?

Sorry if the question is stupid, yesterday was the first time ever that I tried out this online-gaming "thing: - so, there are still many things I have no clue about.

--------------------

IPB Image

My Gametrailers.com Videos Channel! | Xbox360 RPGs: LINK!

- - -
Currently playing: Mass Effect (Xbox360), Lost Planet (Xbox360) & The Bouncer (PS2)
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jan 5 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #44

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2987

now to my question; can both of us play with you guys online at the same time via split screen?

Yes, even if you didn't have another XBOX Live account. I do have a question though, is both accounts of the gold variety? If not then you probably won't be able to play with the silver account and just the gold account.

As for logging in as a guest on split screen, all you gotta do is have the second controller go to the guide button and there should be a log in for "guest." Of course, this has to be done when GoW is on.

If you do have two gold accounts though, you both can speak on the mic (you need two mics) AS FAR AS I KNOW - the reason I'm saying this is just because you can't be splitscreen on ranked matches, even if you have two gold accounts but that's probably because cheating is easy doing that. As far as I know, the guest can't talk on a mic but I've never tried it - I know Halo doesn't allow it.

Speaking of which, I have two gold accounts (one I got a full free month trial with so it counts as gold for that month and I'm using free 42 hour trials for that one account so it should stay gold for most of the time unless I'm limited to how many free passes I can put on one account) so if you see two accounts then you'll know someone is playing with me.

And Kamari, that's a great idea! Wish you had an XBOX 360 so you could play too, when I get a PS3 with PSN, I'll probably do the same thing we're doing now.

This post has been edited by Delusive: Jan 5 2007, 08:41 PM

--------------------
Most Anticipated Title(s): Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey
Now Playing: Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 2, and Gears of War
+Quote Post
Michiko
post Jan 5 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #45

b r e a t h e
Group Icon

Member No.: 4034

That's a great idea kamari! I'm so awful at Gears. I get maybe one kill per match...that's if I'm lucky!

I honestly like Xbox Live more than PSN.

I hope you guys are on this weekend. I'll be adding the rest of you. Can't wait for FFXIInet matches!

--------------------
IPB Image
<3 my Nickling
+Quote Post
Snake
post Jan 5 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #46

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

OMG!

Xbox 360 V.2?

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/the-sec...odename-zephyr/

That would explain why the new version of the Xbox 360, the one that is suppose to exert less heat, was delayed. The pic shows a new Xbox 360 with an HDMI port, so that way the Xbox 360 can output 1080p. In the article they also talk about a 120GB hard drive, which they don't know if it will be included in the package or not. Hmm... are they going to use this new version to compete with the PS3? If it doesn't give off heat, outputs 1080p, and has a 120GB hard drive, then I think it will be quite nice. Now all we have to wonder if Windows can be loaded onto the console, and if there will be a web browser in later Xbox 360 software updates. This is getting good. The console wars seem to have not begun yet, but it looks like it will soon with Zephyr. I have to admit, it's quite appealing. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jan 5 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #47

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

If they give you an option to trade in your old XBOX 360 for a (good) discount on the new one, then I'll consider it. If not? I'll probably just get the newer 120g hard drive (that's what I love about a removable hard drive, if the 360 messes up, you don't lose ANY of your saves).

--------------------
+Quote Post
tanjavasi
post Jan 5 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #48

|| Lost Odyssey ||
Group Icon

@Delusive
Yes...both are Gold accounts.
QUOTE(Delusive @ Jan 5 2007, 02:39 PM) *

As for logging in as a guest on split screen, all you gotta do is have the second controller go to the guide button and there should be a log in for "guest." Of course, this has to be done when GoW is on.

Thanks...oh that would be so great if it works...Otherwise, Anna and I will just have to take turns every now and then biggrin.gif
We will certainly try it today!

QUOTE(kamari-ice @ Jan 5 2007, 04:02 PM) *

Yes...I knew for a while that they will be a new chip installed in the Xbox360 in the spring of 2007 (which is going to keep the console "cooler" than the old chip)...that was the reason why I did not want to get an Xbox360 until this summer or so - but since mine (ours) was an unexpected Christmas gift, I (we) accepted it biggrin.gif
However, I doubt it will feature a 120 GB hard disk unless "Xbox360 V.2" is going to cost more (which I doubt it will)

--------------------

IPB Image

- - -
Currently playing: Mass Effect (Xbox360), Lost Planet (Xbox360) & The Bouncer (PS2)
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jan 5 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #49

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

There are rumors the V2 will cost the same as a Core Version even including the 120g Hard Drive, that's hard to believe but it would certainly gain more supporters.

Speaking of which, Tanja - you don't have to log in as a guest if you have two gold accounts, just log in on both accounts and then go play multiplayer - as simple as that.

This post has been edited by Delusive: Jan 5 2007, 11:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
a_vasi
post Jan 5 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #50

"What is the cost of my immortality?" - Kaim Argonar
Group Icon

Member No.: 2181

About the whole Xbox 360 V.2 thing, I would wait for an Official announcement on this; since this could be fake.

I do think it’s possible that they are going to be releasing a bigger hard-drive eventually, b/c it is Removable and can already be bought separately; so far, there has only been some talk/rumors about a 80gb one.

QUOTE(Snake @ Jan 5 2007, 08:05 AM) *

Xbox Live GamerTags:

Xbox Live GamerTag //// FFXII.Net Member Name

Avasi //// a_vasi
Evinex //// LoneWolf
Mjrn //// Michiko
Shrin Lightning //// Delusive

I was thinking about that too. I really liked the colors you used so I will put this on the front-page of course; thanks for doing it Snake!

--------------------
IPB Image

Blue Dragon has arrived !!!
Lost Odyssey coming Holiday 2007 ^_^
+Quote Post
tanjavasi
post Jan 5 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #51

|| Lost Odyssey ||
Group Icon

QUOTE(Delusive @ Jan 5 2007, 05:46 PM) *

There are rumors the V2 will cost the same as a Core Version even including the 120g Hard Drive, that's hard to believe but it would certainly gain more supporters.

blink.gif Wow, what a deal! If that turns out to be true...I reckon they are going to be tons of new people on XboxLIVE soon (what are the chances that you will be one of them Snake? biggrin.gif )

QUOTE(Delusive @ Jan 5 2007, 05:46 PM) *
Speaking of which, Tanja - you don't have to log in as a guest if you have two gold accounts, just log in on both accounts and then go play multilayer - as simple as that.
That does seem very simple...I will try it out after I had dinner (I am starving right now tongue.gif).
Are you going to be online tonight? Anna and I are still totally unfamiliar with this online thing (we just "experimented" with it for about 1 hour yesterday)...still, I think we will be able to get a GOW match going this weekend!

--------------------

IPB Image

- - -
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jan 5 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #52

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Wow, what a deal! If that turns out to be true...I reckon they are going to be tons of new people on XboxLIVE soon

It seems sorta farfetched right now - I'd see something like the premium version becoming the core version and this version becoming the premium version when it's released (that seems more reasonable).

Are you going to be online tonight?

I just might. I gotta go pick up my DS Lite later today so after that, I may log on for a few - don't expect me to be very good though, my skill level is very unpredictable (one day I'm very good, the next I'm terrible).

This post has been edited by Delusive: Jan 6 2007, 12:01 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tanjavasi
post Jan 6 2007, 12:05 AM
Post #53

|| Lost Odyssey ||
Group Icon

QUOTE(Delusive @ Jan 5 2007, 05:59 PM) *

I gotta go pick up my DS Lite later today...so after that, I may log on for a few -

DS Lite is a great little thing...I am playing Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin on it right now - I love it!
Anyway, since this is a xbox360 thread, I should better not talk about that in here tongue.gif

QUOTE(Delusive @ Jan 5 2007, 05:59 PM) *
...don't expect me to be very good though, my skill level is very unpredictable (one day I'm very good, the next I'm terrible).

Hey, this is just how I would describe my "skill level;" I hope to see you online tonight, otherwise, there is always tomorrow biggrin.gif

--------------------

IPB Image

- - -
+Quote Post
Snake
post Jan 6 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #54

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(tanjavasi @ Jan 5 2007, 05:57 PM) *

(what are the chances that you will be one of them Snake? biggrin.gif )

Hmm... maybe it will be a Christmas present of mine next year. biggrin.gif I love buying consoles for Christmas.. always have.. always will. By then.. Xbox 360 might be in the 100 dollar range... so omg.. that would be such a deal. Now, I want next Christmas to come quick. biggrin.gif

I can't possibly afford a 360 now, since I spent all my money on my PS3. Next Christmas, I should have enough to buy me more things, since I am going to be having a job next year, and all that good stuff. So, a 360 might be in my future.. who knows. Or, the temptation of Halo 3 might trickle into my brain, and make me go insane. shok.gif
+Quote Post
a_vasi
post Jan 6 2007, 03:13 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

Awesome!!!
I never used the Chainsaw before…it can actually be a pretty fun, little toy….but sometimes everything happened so fast, I was so caught up in the moment, that I just forgot how to use it. Darn!

It would be cool if you had headphones too LoneWolf….I am sure you saw my little ‘bubble’ showing up at the end of every match,…well maybe it’s a good thing that you didn’t hear me! lol

I hated the last two levels though!!! tongue.gif
The one where it rained was my favorite one! Yup.

Its pretty easy to invite friends; now I know how it works. I saw you Loging in so I thought I would give it a try. Thanks for joining btw biggrin.gif ...sorry I didn't know how else to end the match. But that was pretty fun until we meet again Evinex!!!....and next time I won't be so nice to you....just kidding tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jan 6 2007, 03:14 AM
Post #56

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Avasi and I have just been playing eachother on GoW for about two hours. ^^ She loves her chainsaw... and has a VERY funny accent. XD tongue.gif I think people on eachothers friend lists can hear the other person even if they don't have a headset. biggrin.gif

We were playing really defensively fo ages. We even got a draw once we took so long. shok.gif For the first four or so matches I only ever used the Longshot. Probably because I got a headshot with it in the first game we played. ^^

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
a_vasi
post Jan 6 2007, 03:16 AM
Post #57

Group Icon

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jan 6 2007, 03:14 AM) *

Avasi and I have just been playing eachother on GoW for about two hours. ^^ She loves her chainsaw... and has a VERY funny accent. XD tongue.gif I think people on eachothers friend lists can hear the other person even if they don't have a headset. biggrin.gif

Are you serious!!!! You heard me!! laugh.gif

Did you understand anything?...I think I spoke in my own language most of the time....now I wanna hear you too!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post Jan 6 2007, 03:23 AM
Post #58

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^I definantly heard you. laugh.gif I couldn't understand anything you said, but at the end of matches you were always talking excitedly or groaning (depending on whether you won or lost). tongue.gif

You won't be able to hear my voice for a while. Headsets are $50 (AUD) and I don't have the money. I feel like throwing my media remote out the window, its so useless. I would have much rathered a headset. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Delusive
post Jan 6 2007, 03:34 AM
Post #59

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Yea, LoneWolf, that makes absolutely no sense that they'd give you a media remote instead of a headset (I think I got both the remote and headset).

Anyway, the headsets are $30 over here and I still think that's expensive considering you get one for purchasing one year of XBOX Live.

Anyone use the shotfun? happy.gif

(yes, I misspelled that purposely)

--------------------
+Quote Post
a_vasi
post Jan 6 2007, 03:35 AM
Post #60

Group Icon

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jan 6 2007, 03:23 AM) *

^I definantly heard you. laugh.gif I couldn't understand anything you said, but at the end of matches you were always talking excitedly or groaning (depending on whether you won or lost). tongue.gif

How Embarrassing.

...and at one time I was thinking like ‘Why do I even have the headphones on?’ lol …but I just kept them on. But now I know at least...and I will make sure that next time I will give you much nicer messages, some that you will understand biggrin.gif ....unless I have lost the match. wink.gif

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Jan 6 2007, 03:23 AM) *

You won't be able to hear my voice for a while. Headsets are $50 (AUD) and I don't have the money. I feel like throwing my media remote out the window, its so useless. I would have much rathered a headset. sad.gif

Yeah...we don't get the media remote but the headset instead. I really don't get this, it would make much more sense for the headset to be included....

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

69 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 03:34 AM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.