Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rate ava/sig thread, Version 9.0, Rate, please.
Snake
post Jan 2 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 955

Rate Avatars & Signatures Thread
Version 9.0
The first Rate thread of the New Year!

The other thread dropped off the sticky section, and was full (30 pages), so I think it is an appropriate time for Version 9.0 to arise. This thread will be used to rate the signatures and avatars of members of FFXII.Net. You can just have other member's rate your current set, your avatar and signature that you are currently wearing, or you can post avatar(s) and signature(s) that you have made, so that others can rate. So, please, if you have works to show off, and those works are avatars and signatures, place them here to rate.

How do you rate?
Rating is quite simple. You look at the members that have posted before you, and you rate their avatar(s) and signature(s) on a scale from one to ten. Ten being great, and one being not great.

Is there a limit to rating?
There is currently no limit. Rate as much as you possibly can, but don't spam. smile.gif

Is rating fun?
Duh!

What if the person doesn't have an avatar and/or signature?
Then you don't rate them. Then, you demand them to get a set (avatar and signature), just kidding. Seriously, don't demand people, because Mystikal has batch of cookies waiting for you if you are nice. smile.gif Though, anybody can rate in this thread, whether they are setless or not.

When you rate, please keep these simple phrases in mind:

Be courteous.
Be respectful.
Be aware.
Be nice.
Be knowledgeable.

Just remember (CRANK). smile.gif

On your mark, get set, Rate!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Caesar
post Jan 2 2007, 04:36 AM
Post #2

Elite Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 4919

Rate my current set. They're basically the result of 10 mins of bored Photoshop brushing.

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm an idiot.
+Quote Post
Larien
post Jan 2 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #3

MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM...
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 901

QUOTE(kamari-ice @ Jan 1 2007, 04:37 PM) *

When you rate, please keep these simple phrases in mind:

Be courteous.
Be respectful.
Be aware.
Be nice.
Be knowledgeable.

Just remember (CRANK). smile.gif

tongue.gif That. is. so. cool.
@Caesar: It's interesting, and not unappealing to the eye. It's quite good for just messing with brushes. smile.gif

I'm currently sporting an icon I made for an icon award community on LJ, since the other set I had up had already been around for a bit and was re-used, anyways.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Jan 2 2007, 08:47 AM
Post #4

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1134

caesar: overall interesting to look at, but you don't really know where to look at. i guess that doesn't really matter, tho, since it's just messing about with brushes. happy.gif

larien: i like it. it's sort of not your usual style but then it is. text hard to read though; is it a sentence? can't tell. anyway, i hope you do well in the competition!

my latest sig is shiva (duh) and it was like..an hour of fiddling around. i really have no muse lately ;__; i like how it turned out though.

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Jan 2 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #5

Bleh
Group Icon

Member No.: 1975

^ I rated yours in the old theard tongue.gif

Caesar: Its ok.. just some brushing. I like the colourfulness of it.. 6/10

Larein: I like it but the text is hard to read and it goes over her face. 8/10

New sig please rate

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Inhert
post Jan 2 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #6

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Caesar

For a quick design it definitely looks interesting. The colors are fairly random but don't look so bad, I'm definitely not a fan of the text.

Larien

I don't really like the composition, especially how the text overlaps her face, something that I would consider an important focal. I also can't really tell what it says. Nice colour choice and overall design though.

Xiitharn

Some of the effects look nice and are fairly well placed, the size and shape of the sig also work, although they do seem restrictive on your design. You've definatly used too much white space, which makes Shiva look slightly strange & those white dots seem random.

Josh

You've done a decent job of creating a focal point, displaying the artwork with little interruption, despite some color bleeding. Your blending is fairly good, with my only problem being where you used the pixilation tool. Also, the text needs some work, mainly in your placement and font choice.
+Quote Post
yeoni
post Jan 3 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #7

널 미워!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 242

CRANK, =^^=

Caesar: Nice and different looking. Not a fan of greens but it mixes well. Font is so so.

Larien: I love warm colours. Nice design and style. Mysterious and pretty looking.

Xiitharn: Good focal point, slightly flat looking. Needs a bit of RAWR and volume.

-josh-: Nice avy, good colours, they compliment each other well. Interesting signature, it is nice, not actually sure of the effect. I think it needs more expression, if it were a bit bolder it would be really eye catching. Font not suiting this look.
+Quote Post
Hitomi
post Jan 4 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 4848

Larien - I love that icon. The colors and text look great. 9/10
Xiitharn - Has some nice effects on it, but they're too scarce. It needs a little something. Maybe some photo manipulation or text. 7/10
-josh- - Avatar is nice. It's really simple, but has a nice look to it. 7.5/10 Sig is nice, but the render needs to be blended into the background a bit more, and maybe stick to one color for the background. The two sides of the background don't go that well. And maybe blend in the text more, too. 7/10
Mystikal - Nice animation on the avatar. Good font, too. 9/10 The sig is a bit plain, though. Maybe adding a C4D would help it. 7/10

--------------------
IPB Image
deviantART ll Myspace

+Quote Post
-josh-
post Jan 6 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #9

Bleh
Group Icon

I change my Sig to much :|

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Larien
post Jan 6 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #10

MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM...
Group Icon

Member No.: 901

Ooh, -josh-, I like it! It's unusual and interesting; I've never seen that picture of Kairi used before. It's also eye-catching - I stopped my fast scroll down the page to take a second look at it. wink.gif
Hitomi: It's pretty and soft, with the clear lines of the anime character to add some contrast. But one suggestion I would make is to add some more border to the sides of the graphic to balance out the top and bottom. The avatar is very nice! smile.gif
Mysti: Your avatar is amusing, though I can't tell who is in it. Is it Squall and Rinoa, or do I need glasses? tongue.gif Your sig is very nice. The cropping and positioning looks good, and the effects are understated and cool. ;0 Thumbs up! biggrin.gif
Xiitharn: It's simple but pretty Shiva-ness. smile.gif You chose a nice picture of her, but I think given some more space perhaps, you could have given it some more punch. It's nice, though! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Noelle
post Jan 7 2007, 02:00 AM
Post #11

Elite Member

Member No.: 4092

Haven't rated anyone yet, so... here it is.

caesar; I like the colors, they seem to a fit one tone and they go together nicely. Don't know if I like the blue, though. The name in the bottom was a little hard to read, had to look at your name to make sure I had it right, but for 10 minutes of work, it's impressive. 7.7/10 The avie looks a lot better, I like it, all except for the font, once again. 8.4/10
Larien; I really do like this a lot, wish there was a border but that's my own personal taste, I don't like how pictures just end. I like the words, how they fade and how they're just random. It's an image that's created from the words, even though I can't read some, I like the effect. Colors work well together, very pretty.
8.5/10
Xiitharn; I love Shiva. She's very pretty, the colors are nice and cold feeling. Like Inhert mentioned, I agree the white lines are too thick. Maybe a little too boring, but I like that it's simple, it looks very nice. 7.8/10
-josh-;The colors work well together, it looks really nice. She stands out very well. 9.5/10
Mystikal; The Avatar is cute, it made me smile. The font is easy to read, and it is quick enough so I can read it and not get bored of waiting. Very well executed. 8/10
As for the signature, I really like it. I love the colors, it has a warm feel to it. Don't know if I like the brightness on one side, then the on the left side, the contrast doesn't work/look right, but I still like it. 8.4/10

Rate mine please:) been working on new ones all day, trying something different, and this one is my favorite right now. Haven't made an avie for it yet.

This post has been edited by Noelle: Jan 7 2007, 02:02 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
--------------------
myspace add me<3
+Quote Post
NervPoison
post Jan 8 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #12

Il Grande Simoni
Group Icon

Member No.: 924

-josh-: I It's a rarely seen picture of Kairi I think, but it worked out greatly. Those background colours fit her prefectly.
8.7/10

Larien : A great avatar! Too bad it looks kinda lonely without a fitting signature. tongue.gif
Nevertheless, for the avatar alone:
9/10

Noelle : I like its mystical allure. You also did a great job combining several techniques in one signature without making it look chaotic in any way.
8.6/10

Rate mine too please. Any credit goes to Inhert.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks to andrzej for the signature!
+Quote Post
L.J.
post Jan 10 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #13

?!?!
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

NervPoison:

Like the signature, but don't like the blur. Tha font is very hard to read, not the an eye for an eye part, the one below it. There is quite alot going on, the effect on the left side of the signature is uneeded. Other then that, great work. I like how you mixed it up without making the signature look like a mess. The blending is good and it's actually a good mix with the colors, though you really need to kick loose the green on the right side as well.

Noelle:

Not a fan of the brushing, too much going on. You mixed up quite the bit there but it just didn't turn out nice. Like the font. Nicely done, opacity is leveled. Too chaotic, tone down the effects and up the lighting.
________

On another note, I should start posting alot more in this topic.

--------------------

L.
J.

+Quote Post
-josh-
post Jan 14 2007, 03:15 AM
Post #14

Bleh
Group Icon

I turned games I want into SIGS.. Why? because Im bored. So please rate away!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Airi
post Jan 16 2007, 03:59 AM
Post #15

s.u.r.v.i.v.e.

Member No.: 252

-josh- - 1. the size seems abit weird, I dunno. Something about it bugs me, which equals the graphic just bugs me in general. I would think about the size and placement more.
2. Now you seem to take the horizonal border, which could work very well with this image, but there is a small black spot on the top right which irked me. Things seem to irk me lately, eh. But the bubbles brush work does work here, although I would like to see various colors if the bubbles were used to the max. Maybe work on what colors would blend well and compliment each other. And for the border color, which takes away from this dark image. I think a different color would have suited it.
3. It seems a tad too bright for my liking. It drowns out the whole graphic. >.<
4. Bluntly put, I don't like it. Placement doesn't work, as it's way too busy. The colors don't work, and just argh! >.< It bugs me! The glows simply don't work well here, they just seem to be placed randomly there.
5. There is a cuteness here, and our border color is good for this one. It just seems very simple and not much was done to it. But then again, simple is sometimes better.
6. Now this is an interesting one. I love the border work here, even though there is nothing on the right.... you tried something new. The colors are all right, they aren't anything special. Maybe something more vivid here would work well.

-josh-, it seems alot of your graphics are of lower quality, like grainy like. Maybe some overlays with a slight blur could give it abit of a softer crisper look.

Noelle - your graphics seems busy. And I don't really like the brush work over her face. And I'm not a fan of the text work. Also, it's over the size limits.

X-Master
- It's simple and the colors are soft. Nothing too bright or vivid, but it works here. I don't know about the text, it's abit too bold and takes away.

Mystikal - I love it. Just cuz it's Hana Yori Dango 2 which I'm a huge fan of the series.. >.<;;;

Caesar - It's just brush work... nothing special.

Xiitharn - I think you're taking lessons from Inhert. XP The vivid abstract are quite noted, and the soft colors are lovely. Yuna seems o get abit lost though, over powered by the brush work and your text.

Hitomi
- Nice abstract view and clean brushing and it's just a very clean graphic. It's seems abit too blurred out though. The color theme is warm, and works well with the air of it.

As a note - my rating/comments may come off as harsh, but I don't like to sugar coat, and I do not try to belittle anyone. I way things to only point them out and for you to think about if you care to think about it.

This post has been edited by XDarkDestinyX: Jan 16 2007, 04:00 AM

--------------------

IPB Image
~*~Formly Known As XDarkDestinyX~*~
_/Myspace/\Livejournal\/Xanga\_
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Jan 17 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #16

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1134

-josh-: 1. i don't like how this is so compressed. lightning looks distorted & the texture on top is kinda moldy.
2. this one is better, interesting stock. the border is a bit thick though & it could use some text.
3. i like this one because it's shiva (<3) but it'd be better if the original stock was better quality.
4. engh..text doesn't match & pics are rather outdated, but a nice effort.
5. same as above, though the text is a bit better.
6. i like this one ^^ text is alright but a better texture on top would make it nicer.

XDDX: shiny ^^ the left side is a bit empty & i'd like to see her eyes.

new sig, lightning of ffxiii.

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Jan 17 2007, 02:34 AM
Post #17

Bleh
Group Icon

Wow that is nice biggrin.gif!!! I like it, but the picture is a bit grainy. I have the same problem XD The boreder really suits it. I like what you did with the colours. 9/10

The graphics section moves so slowly...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Noelle
post Jan 20 2007, 05:03 AM
Post #18

Elite Member

Member No.: 4092

Josh you are on a role.

I won't rate your previous batch of sigs, only because it will take me a long time and I don't have much time right now, so I'll rate your most recent ones:)

1st: I <i>love</i> it. I especially love the creativity with your name at the bottom. Never seen that done before, and it's really awesome. The colors work well together, and the lighting is good. Really the only thing I can point out right now is that even though the text was a good idea to make it backwards, it's rather dull. 9.5/10

2nd: Liked this one too. She's my favorite character in FF3. Again, I like what you did with the font this time, it gives it a twist. I think my only problem with these are they are too tall, the height is too much (it might be because I've been working with small short ones, though) But it's fantastic. 9.8/10

To XDarkDestinyX:
I love your sig. It's beautiful. I'll look over the fact that you totally dissed my sig, haha. It was just a placement one, I wasn't wanting my "gentlemen may prefer blondes but it takes a real man to handle a redhead" judge, but that's alright:) She wasn't that good, but thanks for judging her for me.
3rd: I like that it's creative, and different, but it doesn't work for me. It's definitely not my favorite of the bunch, maybe it's because everything is so sharp and bright, but I do like it.
7/10

This post has been edited by Noelle: Jan 20 2007, 05:05 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
--------------------
myspace add me<3
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Jan 20 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #19

Bleh
Group Icon

Noelle: Its ok. you should of erased the bit of her face. The brushing could be better, and the text is ok i guess. Pretty average. 5.5/10 xD

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
CREA
post Jan 20 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #20

time moves backwards into a cliff
Group Icon

Member No.: 2504

I dont know which to rate -josh-... there all so pretty.
Overall, theyre an 8/9
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 04:08 AM

Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.