Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rate ava/sig thread, Version 9.0, Rate, please.
Larien
post Mar 9 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #41

MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM...
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 901

@Xiitharn: I'm mostly posting here so I can this, but I love your avatar. It's beautiful, and I love how you used the image in a way different from the norm. It's very pretty! 10/10

@XDDX: I like it! You used an image of Lenne that isn't used very often, and it looks very good. The colors are the glowy effect look nice. smile.gif I would have probably put Lenne off to one side of the graphic, though.
It's pretty! 8/10

@Inhert: Awesome, as usual! wink.gif I love the rainbowy, flowy colors, though I can't really see what exactly is going on in the picture. The text looks great, too. biggrin.gif I'm tempted to say it might be better with a border, but every time I think that, I look again and decide against it. I like what you've done with the bottom stripes. 9.8/10

Just a note: I didn't make the avatar I'm using, and the sig, I know, is nothing spectacular. So go easy if you do rate! tongue.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Mar 10 2007, 03:12 AM
Post #42

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1134

^ aaww, thank you! i just wish i could make sigs as nice as some of my icons o.-

anyway, larien, i quite like your siggy. it's something different from a regular siggy, and i like the detailing on rikku's outline. the text could be a bit more interesting though.

as for the ava, is it for POTC3? tis exciting ^^

--------------------
QUOTE(Nick @ May 5 2007, 04:05 PM) *
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
Lirael
post Mar 10 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #43

Royal Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6829

Xiitharn, I love your ava. The colouring is very good and the placing of the face is nice. smile.gif I also like how it's not too compex and your choice of not using text was a good one. smile.gif 10/10

--------------------
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Mar 11 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #44

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^^ thank you. i had a hard time trying to fit some text on there and eventually gave up. i like the result.

sig: not bad. what i don't like is the repitition in the right side of the sig. it'd be better if there was a different part of the same image in that space. another thing that bothers me is the box around ashe; it's too severe & doesn't flow. you could work on your typography skills, and the whole sig could use a bit of color & other interesting effects. 7/10

ava: it's nice, but i'd like to be able to see ashe more clearly. again with the text, it's nice but a bit out of place. pretty effects. 7.5/10

--------------------
go Roger yourself with a Tuba you flappy-headed Canuck - your humour is hideous and your gayness knows no bounds!
+Quote Post
Inhert
post Mar 11 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #45

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Larien - The avatar is allright, you could have used the space better and the composition is slightly random. Your sig could be ok as a simple vector with text, if your text was actually any good. It's missplaced, too large and drags attention away from the pretty render. - 5/10

Lirael - The avatar isen't so bad, the pastel tones work fairly well. The block that cuts through Ashe's head is clearly unattractive - along with the dots. Your sig is unattractive: the text is poorly positioned, using a bland selection of fonts; the duplicated part on the right ruins the sig and the overall color scheme is bland and a poor mixture of pastels and hightones. - 3/10

Xiitharn - The avatar's strength lies in the stong emotion portrayed by Yuna and you were clearly playing a safe bet by only making slight adjustments to an allready great screenshot. The bottom 1/5th looks strange on the left and I'm not so keen on how vibrant her lips look. Other than my needless niggles xD It's really quite lovley. - 8.5/10
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Mar 13 2007, 04:59 AM
Post #46

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

inhert - lovely, as usual. there isn't much to complain about; i see you've fixed the text -- it looks alot better imo. the only thing that really irks me is the fact that i have no idea what is in the middle..looks like a woman yelling to me xD 9/10

anyways, i was just playing around in ps with a photo of ayumi hamasaki:

IPB Image

comments?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Inhert
post Mar 13 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #47

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^ omg haha. Maybe she lost her eyes? I dunno xD. My next sig will show I had some inspiration.

Xiitharn
I like some of the colors, especially the deeper purples. Although there seems to be too many contrasting colors and overly saturated areas (like her chest). The sig as a whole, just looks too busy, with too many different effects all going in different directions. You also need a stronger light source, it would tie everything together nicley. 7/10
+Quote Post
bangaa-fangirl
post Mar 13 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #48

Group: Members
Member No.: 6969

9/10... beautiful colors and composition. Only thing I'd change is maybe make her eye visible, because it took me a long time to realize that was her mouth and not an oddly placed eye.

This post has been edited by bangaa-fangirl: Mar 13 2007, 12:59 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Inhert
post Mar 13 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #49

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

^I should have probably chosen a different screenshot but I'm not really a fan of Bloodyrayne II, this particular image stuck out as being interesting though, despite the fact that her eyes are not visible xD

(sorry for the offtopic)
+Quote Post
Balthier's Girl
post Mar 16 2007, 05:58 AM
Post #50

............♥............
Group Icon

Member No.: 5635

IPB Image

Okay, please be gentle. My absolute first attemt at making a sig. (I plan to use it as my own.) I used ArcSoft PhotoImpressions 5 (whatever the hell that is). The only thing I could figure out how to do was blur, sharpen, and adjust the colour. I had to use paint to put in the font. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Balthier's Girl: Mar 17 2007, 09:57 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Über Emo Wife of *Garland* // fireytempest's temptress
Mystical Inferno's Angelinaest Wifey // Kajutsa's Foxy Fellating Wifey
~ OLD SIG BY INHERT WHO ISN'T EVEN HERE ANYMORE ~

Ethereal Blade's Super Secret Wife
+Quote Post
Xiitharn
post Mar 19 2007, 01:14 AM
Post #51

Ultimate Member
Group Icon

balthier's girl : it's nothing awful for a beginner -- i've seen worse. i don't want to list a whole bunch of negatives to throw you off, but here we go. i like the screenshot you chose, the pic quality is a little nyeh, but i like the coloring you chose for it. the text is also a bit engh, but anything done in paint is average (except those drawings that you did). don't give up though, with a better program you could do well. 4/10

inhert : not sure if i like this one. it's very eye catching & has good color, but the render in the middle isn't blended as much as i'd like it to be and seems a bit misplaced. text is lovely as usual, and the effects on the gun are nice. i like how you've got variety between textures (sharp on the left, smoother & more flowing on the right) but the render could be a bit sharper. 7.5/10

--------------------
+Quote Post
Balthier's Girl
post Mar 19 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #52

............♥............
Group Icon

Member No.: 5635

QUOTE(Xiitharn @ Mar 18 2007, 09:14 PM) *

[size=1]balthier's girl : it's nothing awful for a beginner -- i've seen worse. i don't want to list a whole bunch of negatives to throw you off, but here we go. i like the screenshot you chose, the pic quality is a little nyeh, but i like the coloring you chose for it. the text is also a bit engh, but anything done in paint is average (except those drawings that you did). don't give up though, with a better program you could do well. 4/10

I actually chose the font because it's the same font that's used in the previews for XII. For an example, check out Ethereal Blade's avatar. I don't like the font much either, but I thought it was a good choice because it's one they used in their own offical work. happy.gif

I chose the picture because I liked how Balthier looked. After posting it here, I kinda see how sloppy it looks. But oh well. I'll be trying more later. Nothing fancy though, as all the programs I have are very low grade.

Thanks for the rate though, Xii. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Über Emo Wife of *Garland* // fireytempest's temptress
Mystical Inferno's Angelinaest Wifey // Kajutsa's Foxy Fellating Wifey
~ OLD SIG BY INHERT WHO ISN'T EVEN HERE ANYMORE ~

Ethereal Blade's Super Secret Wife
+Quote Post
Lonedove
post Mar 19 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #53

L o s t L u n a t i c.
Group Icon

Member No.: 2164

xii: six out of ten for the Ayu hamasaki siggy. Over all, it’s a very colorful piece. The colors do complement her nicely. Very pretty. <3 The light source really doesn’t give the picture a focus point to it. You really don't know where to just look at. The light streak [for lack of a better word xD] on her right shoulder seems to be brighter then any other light in the siggy. Maybe it’s just my screen and/or my eyes.
--
inhert: six out of ten. Can I be blunt? xD I really don't like the colors chosen. It’s a good piece just, personally, I don't think I would've chosen those colors to match up. I focus on the neon green too much. The text fits well with the image. I feel so blind. X'D At first look, I seriously thought that it said, 'nhert' without the i. x_X
--

ayyio, I guess you can rate my current signature. I haven’t made any new ones in awhile.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
a_vasi
post Mar 27 2007, 03:36 AM
Post #54

"What is the cost of my immortality?" - Kaim Argonar
Group Icon

Member No.: 2181

^ I think this signature gives you a sense of ‘freedom’...seeing the birds fly high into the sky. The text is hard to read though and I wish the colors were stronger. But it’s good. smile.gif
I'm giving it a 7/10.
I have had a couple of different Signatures here on ffxii.net, well 4 to be exact, with this being my 5th one; but I’ve always stayed true to my “theme”...this one is only about a week old.

--------------------
IPB Image

Blue Dragon has arrived !!!
Lost Odyssey coming Holiday 2007 ^_^
+Quote Post
silentaura
post Apr 1 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #55

HISSATSU!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2098

Lonedove - 6.5/10

Pretty creative, I like the idea of having the birds slightly overlapping the tilted white space under there. Focus on the composition more, the texts looks dull and I agree with a vasi that its hard to read. Also I think the sig size should be much more smaller, better if its got a border.

a_vasi - 8/10

Good resolution. Renders is well placed and they nicely occupies the background. I like the colors especially; they give it a shiny feel to it. Well done.

--------------------
IPB Image
Shameless advertisement - FFi Forum FAQ & Rules v2.3
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Apr 4 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #56

Bleh
Group Icon

Member No.: 1975

SA: like the colours. And teh repetion. nice text and break up of image smile.gif 8.5/10

Something new, somthing blue. and something old * as in basch xD*

IPB Image

IPB Image

THE BASCH SIG IS MY FIRST WITH PHOTOSHOP CS!!

I made the other in gimp. But since I got photoshop CS no more gimp biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hevrae
post Apr 4 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #57

Canela e Mazagăo
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

It's been a long while I haven't posted here, ahahah.
Now no one can rate me, bwuahahaha.

J/k.

Larien ~ I like the smooth of it, it's simple, but me likes, the text could be more well fitted into rikku, no? Anyway, it is nice. I have this pastel feeling. I love synaesthesias : D (is that how it's written in english? It's hell easier in portuguese xD (sinestesia)).

Xiitharn ~Loving the effect, very girlish, very you, *clap clap*.

It's simple and clean, I like it, reminds me of magazines o_O

Lirael ~Eh... It's nice, the text blending isn't so nice though, and yuna's blending... not too found of it, but I like.

Inhert ~ A bit too sharp for my eye, but It's good as always. I don't get a vibe (LOL) from the text though, but it's wonderful : D

Balthier's Girl ~ The image quality is a bit sad, the text blends in a hard way... the color ain't so bad though.

Lonedove ~ I <3 the ava. The signature is.. hmmm expressive o_O

a_vasi ~ it reminds me of a trailler xD, the text... something missing?

silentaura ~ uhhh, I like the colors... not much to points, perhaps it could use a more rounder outter design?

josh ~ you are progressing very well, the first one, the left part of it I simplu love it, the rest... well eh- the second one, uhhh me likes... I think though, you'r missing some smoothness.

I love the design of your current set, the pics could be better, but the idea, I like it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Apr 5 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #58

Bleh
Group Icon

Thanks heavre :X

I wish more people would rate xD

MORE: I WANT THE ONES ABOVE RATED TOO.

This one is to simple. But im still trying to get used to photoshop.. Ill look at some tuts

Thanks heavre :X

I wish more people would rate xD

MORE: I WANT THE ONES ABOVE RATED TOO.

This one is to simple. But im still trying to get used to photoshop.. Ill look at some tuts

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hevrae
post Apr 5 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #59

Canela e Mazagăo
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

tutorial can help one to get more ideas, you do well!
: D

--------------------
+Quote Post
-josh-
post Apr 5 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #60

Bleh
Group Icon

I forgot to post the image. Such a dud. And my edit button isnt working either o__O

IPB Image

Anyone got any good tuts at that?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 10:15 PM

© Copyright 2003-2007 FFXII.Net - All Rights Reserved - Disclaimer
Final Fantasy XII, FFXII & FF12 are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.