Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New scans/ Monster/summon artwork
Final Fantasy XII Net Forums > Final Fantasy > FFXII - Revenant Wings
-josh-
LOL lots here. There are screens of them running around on open ground, which looks really simple. But I still think the battle system looks hard to use :|

Oh teh 2nd page there is new summon and monster artwork!
WOOT

http://www.ffworld.com/?rub=news&page=voir&id=621
Ethereal Blade
Very nice! Thanks, -josh- smile.gif

The graphics look great-- better than I thought they'd be (I guess I haven't seen many good screens for this game). Let's just hope that it plays as good as it looks (I agree that battles look sort of confusing). We'll just have to wait and see.

I also like the artwork on the second scan... I see very familiar enemies (from FFXII of course). Belias and Cuchulainn look great as well.
Ringo
Thanks for the link!

I think the best word to describe FFXII:RW is cute! tongue.gif

I see Onion Queen! biggrin.gif
aorin
Thanks for the link.

Nice images. Hmm... seems like they kept a few original functions in the battle menu (Magic, Techniks, Gambit and Mist Knacks (Quickenings).

The artwork of Alraune and Cactuar looks adorable. Thanks goodness, they didn't chibified Belias and Cuchulainn in the artwork.
Knight_of_Ivalice
Nice biggrin.gif . I do not own a DS yet but I sure am going to for this game at least.
jenny
IPB Image

Does anyone else think the second character from the bottom left looks like a viera?

For some reason Mjrn popped into my head.
Knight_of_Ivalice
QUOTE(jenny @ Jan 13 2007, 10:07 PM) *

IPB Image

Does anyone else think the second character from the bottom left looks like a viera?

For some reason Mjrn popped into my head.

Yeah it does sort of and maybe it is a Viera.
KeyWielder
That looks like the Tomb of Raithwall ^ IMO.
aorin
I wonder why is a Viera there, an enemy, nontheless.

And why does Vaan has so many allies in this game? (refering to Belias and other characters with blue lifemeter) Isn't Penelo and the main cast enough? tongue.gif
-josh-
^ MAybe you can use more than one summon at a time?
emz.03z
QUOTE(-josh- @ Jan 16 2007, 01:56 AM) *

Hopefully! In FF12 you could assign Summons to Characters, ideally one or two on each. Maybe you can use more than 1 Summon depending on how many Characters in your Party? Say there are 2 Characters in your Party and you could Cast 2 Summons? Meh.

Would be better considering in FF12 the other Characters disappered when you cast a Summon x_x

Only a theory mind you.
aorin
QUOTE(emz.03z @ Jan 16 2007, 02:05 AM) *

QUOTE(-josh- @ Jan 16 2007, 01:56 AM) *

Hopefully! In FF12 you could assign Summons to Characters, ideally one or two on each. Maybe you can use more than 1 Summon depending on how many Characters in your Party? Say there are 2 Characters in your Party and you could Cast 2 Summons? Meh.

Would be better considering in FF12 the other Characters disappered when you cast a Summon x_x

Only a theory mind you.

Interesting theory though.

There are two characters (Vaan & Penelo) and four allies (plus Belias) in the pic. It seems highly possible that you can use more than one summon in RW.

But if there are four characters and eight summons (12 characters) fightning off numerous enemies. Won't the battle screen end up like a warzone. unknw.gif
N2Y
For the question of "Why is there a Viera?"

The game looks like a mix between FF12 and FFT/FFTA. So the battle system of FF12 mixed with Tactics elements.

In FF12 FW you can probably get monsters to fight with you. Bribe em, I dont know... Anyways, that means that Viera can also become your allies. But they can also be your enemies. Simple, no?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.