kirrimir
shok.gif so who is getting it i am so excited
rainbowbrat
me!
Chrono
I do.

But I'll never play it.
Jeg
I might buy it. I need more info on the game.
*Sandli*
no!

I dont wanna ruin a great game with a sequal.... REMEMBER X2.... REMEMBER tongue.gif
_Balthier_
Yeah im going to buy it, i have a ds, ive had it since the day it came out, but not one game for it, ive had three i think so far, but i defiantely want this, and i don't think x-2 was too bad, story line was crap, but everything else was alright, except for the blitzball and lack of CGs.
aorin
I'm getting it, it can't be that bad...

Though, I'm wondering if I should get the Japanese Version or English Version. Or I'll just save up for both, I doubt I can hold back from buying the Japanese version.

EDIT: One more thing, as long as they don't start with an Opening showing Vaan dancing to pop music, I guess everything should be fine. (Penelo is still bearable). Don't get me wrong, I liked FFX-2 Opening but it would weird if they apply it to FFXII RW. (=^^=)
Miss Haley
Yes... I'm getting it.
Seeing how I actually have to save up to get the DS itself, I REALLY hope it won't be a giant mini-game like X-2.
Yes, you heard me, I'm buying a gaming system for the sake of a sequel.
Yes, I'm quite sick in the mind.
No, actually, I want to see Larsa the most [doubtful]

EDIT: I agree, I would highly prefer to not see Vaan dancing to pop music...
but we all know...
it would be Balthier using Vaan's dress-magicite!
:gasp!:
girlsrgamers2
I'll probably buy it. . .but that means I'll have to buy a DS too. So I'll probably get it when I have extra money, and who knows when that will be. laugh.gif
FF_freak
I think SE learnt there lesson from X-2 (shivers) so i doubt they will do that again. It looks okay in the trailer, but i might borrow it from a friend first.
dotfinalsaga
QUOTE(FF_freak @ Mar 7 2007, 07:29 AM) *

I think SE learnt there lesson from X-2 (shivers) so i doubt they will do that again. It looks okay in the trailer, but i might borrow it from a friend first.

Really? If anything, I think that SE hasn't learnt its lesson. With Dirge of Cerberus, the new character G, and with 3 games scheduled for FFXIII, it seems that SE has started milking the cashcow more often now. I must admit, I really was hyped for/enjoyed FFVII AC, but... after Dirge's story went down the toilet...

That's my opinion, at least.

Revenant Wings could be awesome though~ I'm quite excited for it! smile.gif
Fox
With Dirge of Cerberus, the new character G, and with 3 games scheduled for FFXIII, it seems that SE has started milking the cashcow

FFVII and XIII are very different though. DoC was milking FFVII's success, regurgitating many of the same characters and locations etc... and lets not forget Crisis Core is currently shaping up very well for the PSP, and X-2 was a pretty good game (even if it was a bit iffy for a Final Fantasy).

The FFXIII games are set in different universes altogether, so theres not much for SE to regurgitate there. In short, I don't think SE are just doing these games for profit. For the majority of titles - even sequels and spinoffs, they seem to be putting in alot of effort.

More on topic: I probaby WILL be getting RW are playing through FFXII now. My sister has a DS and we have a deal that if I buy the game, I can borrow her DS and play it, as long as I give the game to her to play as well.
kirrimir
I think its gonna RULE i think that X-2 wasnt that bad but i cant obsesively play it like others it gets boring quite quickly i hope that they ttake revenant wings seriously and its not just gonna be a little cutsie sorta thing unknw.gif
dotfinalsaga
QUOTE(Fox @ Mar 8 2007, 12:19 PM) *

FFVII and XIII are very different though. DoC was milking FFVII's success, regurgitating many of the same characters and locations etc... and lets not forget Crisis Core is currently shaping up very well for the PSP, and X-2 was a pretty good game (even if it was a bit iffy for a Final Fantasy).

The FFXIII games are set in different universes altogether, so theres not much for SE to regurgitate there. In short, I don't think SE are just doing these games for profit. For the majority of titles - even sequels and spinoffs, they seem to be putting in alot of effort.

More on topic: I probaby WILL be getting RW are playing through FFXII now. My sister has a DS and we have a deal that if I buy the game, I can borrow her DS and play it, as long as I give the game to her to play as well.

Mmm, that's true. Actually, I really enjoyed FFX-2 as well. The battle system was so awesome~

I just hope that the battle system for FFXII RW is just as good!
Tsunade
No sequels from Square Enix for me!
Really_Big_Sword
Im not gettin it, FF12 was too much a disappointment for me anyway.
Roland
I'll get it, but it doesn't mean I'll have to enjoy it... or play it. Just having it eases my heart.
Fox
QUOTE(dotfinalsaga @ Mar 9 2007, 06:24 AM) *

Mmm, that's true. Actually, I really enjoyed FFX-2 as well. The battle system was so awesome~

I just hope that the battle system for FFXII RW is just as good!

Yeah it was the coolest battle system up until XII...

RW has a task on its hand...I think they're keeping the system relativly real time like FFXII itself but its gonna be challenging to pull it off on the DS I think.
silentaura
I don't own a DS or DSlite, and I am not planning on buying it, so I won't be getting this game. Besides, I'm not fascinated by the whole summon thing, and their character design are too kiddish for my taste.
Katya
I'll get it if Famitsu won't give it anything lower than 34.
-josh-
CHOOSE ME!!

of course.
BohemianAndy
My little brother will be getting it, as he has a DS. I might play it..
Dextermon
Yeah I will probably buy it even though I don't know a lot about it to be honest it looks good but even though I don't have a Nintendo DS my brother will let me play it on his Nintendo DS Lite.

Also can someone please tell me when this will come out in the United Kingdom because it normally takes Final Fantasy games ages to come out in the United Kingdom.
aaronm429
I read somewhere that RW is mainly a marketing strategy to get people associated with FFXII and the FF franchise. Oh, and I thought FFX-2 was a great sequel. It integrated a FF trademark battle system that alot of fans missed, and it backed up all the humor and minigames with a suprisingly solid story.
Anyway, I'm just saying we shouldn't expect too much of RW. Its just going to be a watered down rpg to lure in the masses.
Balthier's Girl
I'm probably going to have to buy it. The promise of more Balthier = <3

But now I have to go out and buy a DooDs. sad.gif Ah well, I can get the DooDs with Balthier on it....

Ya know, every once in a while I'm forced to think two things: 1) That I have too much money for my own good; and 2) my obsession with Balthier is not necessarily a good thing...
Galaxia
I'll be missing this one.
I got a DS for my birthday in august and it's still in box lol.... Can't stand em >.<
If I'm gonna play a game I like it on TV when I can relax after college b4 I go out not play on a tiny screen
Hope everyone who gets it likes it tho
Claedi
I'm getting it for balthier, then borrowing my cousins ds until I beat it. But, I can't not get it, because I need more balthier...
kirrimir
i hope teh battle system is the same!
Michiko
Can you rent DS games? If so I'll probably rent it. I just want to see more Fran and Balthier :3
Aliko
Eh, I might get it. I don't have a DS though and the game doesn't seem like a must have. I'll wait until it actually comes out to decide.
Judge Kweh Kweh
I'll think about it. I don't have a DS, that's one thing that holds me back.
Vayne
I dunno how easy the battle system will be to use though. I hope it's nothing like the game "King Kong" or something. That was nearly impossible to use i believe...

But for the DC the graphics is quite good... Just a bit more cartoonish.
risczero
I'll get as I have done with everything else final fantasy before it. It's a sickness...but i don't wanna be healed.
leoncoeur
no ds no intention of buying a ds so no RW for me they should have brought it out for more then just the ds imo and they would sell so much more copies i think.
Jackamy
QUOTE(Miss Haley @ Mar 5 2007, 11:08 PM) *

Yes... I'm getting it.
Seeing how I actually have to save up to get the DS itself, I REALLY hope it won't be a giant mini-game like X-2.
Yes, you heard me, I'm buying a gaming system for the sake of a sequil.

lol...i'm spending 400 quid on a ps3 just for ff13 tongue.gif

i might buy a ds as well. they aren't that expensive.
Judge of Wings
OMG! I can't believe it lolz. I was lucky to get Nintendo DS instead of PSP and when I heard that my Favorite game's next installent would be in Nintendo DS I so lucky that I got it!!. tongue.gif
Melissa
Me, Me, Me. Im getting it.... Gimmie Gimmie, Gimmie lol
Judge of Wings
Hey the games out today!!! Who here is Japanese and has bought the game? biggrin.gif
Snake
I won't get it. Final Fantasy Crisis Core for the PSP interests me more. I seen videos of it on the internet, and it looks boring, and like someone said before me, kiddish.
Refia
QUOTE(kamari-ice @ Apr 24 2007, 01:16 AM) *

I seen videos of it on the internet, and it looks boring, and like someone said before me, kiddish.

"Looks" can fool one. FFT had cute sprites as well, yet that game still had more blood and violence than any FF, and not to forget the darkest story of every FF up until now (IMHO). It's the same with IX, people say it's "looks" kiddish as well, yet the story is far from kiddish.

It can be the same with this one. We just don't know the story yet. But if you find it boring, that's your opinion, won't complain. Just... "looks" kiddish has been a reason to many people to skip some great games. Kiddisch graphics don't make a kiddish game, just wanted to say this. But in the end, feel free to think whatever you like, it's not that I can change anything about it...
___

As for me, I'm getting it. Sure, those who played it said that it's really easy and simple, directed at beginners (but we knew this since the beginning), but the story seems interesting, the graphics great. Plus, Llyud rules, even if for no reason. And not to forget, this game has Gilgamesh in it. That's immediatly a big plus for RW.

Of course, I don't feel anywhere as hyped for this game as for FFTA2, but that's an entirely different matter.
Iselyn
I'll probably get it. Whenever it actually gets released in the US. I could import it and be able to navigate through it, but I'd rather understand the story...assuming there is one.
Moguri
Im getting it! smile.gif
Fran Fetish
Man, I would love to get this game, but sadly I don't have a DS. sad.gif
Anarloth Bunansa
I don't have a DS either... sad.gif
But I consider to buy one
Chrono
I'm only getting it because I feel like I could give Square-Enix another chance... to make me happy.
gamer_elite
QUOTE(kirrimir @ Mar 4 2007, 02:03 PM) *

shok.gif so who is getting it i am so excited

only for ds dry.gif
Chrono
DS is getting better in quality.
Bleak Harvest
I'll wind up getting it, but consider it not be to be the definitive sequel.

It's one of those "large pinch of salt" deals..

Plus I need something to play on my dusty DS dry.gif
Moguri
Im getting it this friday. OH YA!!!
Everybody loves Larsa
ahhhh I finally got it! x3 omg Llyud = <3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.