Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last movie you watched? V.2
Final Fantasy XII Net Forums > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Inhert
Smokin' Aces (2007)
Easy watching, characters were kinda thrown in and they were hardly memorable, fun though.

last movie you watched?
*Sandli*
Reservoir Dogs..... do I have to say anything? tongue.gif
andrzej
in order to make this more of a discussion, i've watched both of those, and while they were good, i felt that their endings were weak

for resevoir it's understandable because it's like a day in the life, and it's not supposed to be glamourous, but still, the ending was disapointing there should have been a bit more "closure" for both

I finaly saw, 2001: A Space Oddesey ...it's end of course is just "f/kd" xD but it's good to see the origin of such movies with a metaphysical perspective
Jeg
smile.gif 300

I have the bootleg DVD.
Lonedove
Bright Future [Akarui mirai].
The movie mostly concentrates on Mamoru. [who played Ichi the Killer :3 ] His coworker and friend, Yuji, is a bit off a strange one and has no other friends, he's a bit socially dead. Mamoru has a pet Red Jellyfish that happens to be very poisonous which plays quite a part in the story. Mamoru kills his boss and his wife, after he said his Jellyfish was not poisonous and tried to get the boss to touch it, so something was definitely up. He goes to prison and from there tells Yuji how to look after the Jellyfish, who then states he will wait for him to be released, so Mamoru kills himself so Yuji will continue with his life instead off waiting for him. He however leaves the sign "Go" that only Yuji would understand. All this happens quite early on in the film and then it continues with Mamoru's father coming back on the scene and kind of adopting Yuji. They then start to live their new life, with the influence of the Jellyfish. Quite a strange tale but keeps you watching all the way through.
Alienguru
Dirty Dancing ..I think everyone knows what that one's about, seeing that it's a classic(dunno why, IMO). I never saw it before.. it was the first time I watched it. But I must admit, Patrick Swayze sure can be sexy in some of his movies :3. If you don't know what it's about, it's basically just about this girl who falls in love with a dancing teacher. Simple story.. boring.. but it was the only thing on tv.
BohemianAndy
The Blair Witch Project

A slightly creepy modern horror movie.. The whole "documentarians get lost in the woods and bad stuff happens" method that this movie uses is a direct rip-off of the notorious Cannibal Holocaust. Left me feeling a little spooked out, and wondering what had happened and what really caused it. Regarding the surprisingly rumours that still exist of the "true story" of this movie - it is infact false and just a completely concocted idea.
*Sandli*
^Andy I saw that one a few days ago and I love it... damn its very creativ how they made the movie seeme real..

anyways last movie I watched: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Clit Eastwood is the man
Tobo-Potato
QUOTE(OmegaWeapon @ Apr 24 2007, 02:48 PM) *

^Andy I saw that one a few days ago and I love it... damn its very creativ how they made the movie seeme real..

anyways last movie I watched: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Clit Eastwood is the man

Tell me 'bout it!

IPB Image

For me its got to be Live at Budokan

IPB Image

The cover of Live at Budokan.
Dark Yuna
I watched Battle Royal last.

I love it - so many different deaths (including a vicious knife attack in the pelvic region for one unfortunate guy). Kiriyama rules smile.gif
BohemianAndy
^Very good movie, and so is The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Police Story 2

A very good, gritty, and meaner Jackie Chan Hong Kong movie from the 1980's. This is Chan when he was at his prime..
Comrade Scott
Shaolin Iron Claws.
Alienguru
Clint Eastwood was awesome in his younger days. He still is, even though he looks older than dirt.

Since I like older movies so much, I just got done watching The Princess and the Pirate with Bob Hope.
Turquoise Reed
Shooter

Great movie with an excellent script, but somewhat lacking in suspense since they GAVE AWAY THE MAJOR PLOT TWIST IN THE TRAILER. I walked in with pretty low expectations, but despite a lack in suspense, the clever script and the actors sailed it through smoothly. I would have preferred to see Disturbia instead, but I don't regret spending my money on the admission ticket.
Inhert
Wild Boys
Still loved this film despite it being made when I was born. Great how the children rebel at the end.
fierytempest
Thumbsucker. It's a random Indie movie that's hilarious. I recommend it, if you like twisted humor.
rainbowbrat
I just watched A night at the Mueseum.

I loved it tongue.gif

The night before we watched Mutant Pigs...that was a weird and fucked up movie...cartoon...thing..LOL
andrzej
The Fountain

It was weird, and some parts reminded me of that Cirq Du Solei (spl?) crap :/ mixed with a an Asian/Indian/Milasian music video

however, it was fairly interesting and I really liked the string music it had, I even got the OST xD ...although I didn't quite understand a few things in the story :? it was acceptable
NervPoison
Cube

Horror/sci-fi movie with cyberpunk elements. The characters development was appealing, and I liked the fact that they could keep the suspense even though there weren't many deaths spread throughout the movie.
BohemianAndy
Porco Rosso

A Studio Ghibli animation movie. The film is brilliant in how rich and alive the characters are, their colourful life-like personalities, the humorous scenes that are throughout, and the great soundtrack. The story of Porco Rosso is fantastic, and it revolves around Miyazaki's trademark quality of flying in the sky. It leaves a feeling at the end that is quite unlike other Studio Ghibli films, possibly due to the very personal nature of this movie to Hayao. 10/10.
joesmith123
Capote. I thought the movie was very boring.
Cheeky25
Hot Fuzz

Great movie! I laughed so hard at so many parts, it is just overall very well done. I liked Shawn of the Dead as well, and the main characters gave equally hilarious performances.
kilik1
300 amazing film
NervPoison
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Pretty good.
Michiko
The Curse of the Golden Flower

I've never seen such a beautiful film asesthetically. Gong Li was to die for.
Dark Yuna
Crossroads

Strange idea for a film, but has good elements. (Like the Karate Kid vs Steve Vai in a guitar duel tongue.gif)
fierytempest
QUOTE(Michiko @ Apr 28 2007, 11:54 AM) *

The Curse of the Golden Flower

I've never seen such a beautiful film asesthetically. Gong Li was to die for.

I really want to see that one. It reminds me of House of Flying Daggers (same director I believe)...which is one of my favorite movies. I also love Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon...but that one is so over-stated.

Yay Chinese martial arts films!

So was it any good? (other than visually satisfying?)
Michiko
The movie was absolutely fantastic. I think everyone should see it. It is so colorful and well acted an aahhhhh so lovely! I really enjoyed it.
BohemianAndy
Samurai X: The Motion Picture

I thought it was quite 'meh'. The sequencing of the scenes and random battles didn't really amount to much, and didn't follow the backdrop story about some corrupt government well. It felt as if it was style over substance. The anime series was much better.
silentaura
Paprika

Despite it has some interesting visuals and some unique ideas, I don't like it. Though the order of the events were being placed disorderedly by director Satoshi Kon on purpose, I wasn't being impressed or thrilled by it. I actually got bored due to its weak story background and the ending.
Comrade Scott
Hot Fuzz.

Fucking brilliant.
aorin
Number 23

The ending was quite a dissapointment, I'd thought the build up in the early parts of the show was pretty interesting but the resolvement in the end was unexpected but not good enough. A good show but not something I'll rewatch again.
Lonedove
Sunflower
Literally, a melodramatic gangster film. Tae Sikís actor plays a very fleshed out and interesting meek character. It came as a shock to me to see his extensive tattooing.
The film mostly acts like a checklist of the usual gangster film motifs. To be fair, Sunflower does tackle some slightly different ground in comparison to other efforts with virtually identical plots, with Tae Sikís journey being one of repentance rather than redemption. The recurring notebook motif works quite well in this regard, underlining his characterís determination to make amends and fit in with decent society, something which of course is lent a tragic air given that the viewer is constantly aware that his hopes are all too likely to be dashed.

joesmith123
Mindhunters: first 30 minutes were good, rest of the film got progressively worse.
BohemianAndy
Spiderman 3

It feels like this movie is going to take a while to warm up to me, but overall, it was alright.
fat_moogle
QUOTE(BohemianAndy @ May 3 2007, 03:36 PM) *

Spiderman 3

It feels like this movie is going to take a while to warm up to me, but overall, it was alright.

Me too, but I loved this film!

Much better than 1 & 2 IMO.

Peter's em0 hair made me laugh laugh.gif
aorin
Pan's Labyrinth

I definitely wasn't preparerd for the brutality of the movie. And there I thought it was similar to Narnia and Eragon. but seriously, you can't even compare. Eragon was so-so, Narnia was good but I like Pan's labrinth best even though it gave me shivers. I kept on thinking it was a fairy tale similar to Alice in Wionderland and how wrong was I.
BohemianAndy
QUOTE(aorin @ May 5 2007, 03:59 PM) *

Pan's Labyrinth

I definitely wasn't preparerd for the brutality of the movie. And there I thought it was similar to Narnia and Eragon. but seriously, you can't even compare. Eragon was so-so, Narnia was good but I like Pan's labrinth best even though it gave me shivers. I kept on thinking it was a fairy tale similar to Alice in Wionderland and how wrong was I.

Yep, thats pretty much what Pans Labyrinth is - an adults version of Narnia. I found it amazing, and one of the best fantasy movies I've ever seen.

Peter's em0 hair made me laugh laugh.gif

Yeah lol, when he firstly uses his hand to style it emo-like, I laughed out loud laugh.gif

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

One of those timeless cult classics, bordering on insanity and weirdness.
Turquoise Reed
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

0_0

The most ****ing violent thing I've EVER seen! I reckon even Mr. balls-of-steel Andy would be freaked out by this (unless he's already seen it). Let's just say, given the choice in future, I'll DEFINATELY be riding in the back seat of cars wink.gif

But for criticism's sake, it was certainly interesting to see how Thomas became Leatherface. I always knew he would come around to his habit eventually, but I sorta expected him to kill his first victim with a chainsaw, not a sledgehammer.

For people who don't mind sleeping with a light on, I highly reccomend it. For people like me who can be pant-shittingly scared as easily as a 5y-old who's just seen their first clown, for the love of God stay the hell away from this.

Looks like I'll be sculling caffeine today 'cause it's gonna be hard as hell to get to sleep tonight biggrin.gif
BohemianAndy
QUOTE(Turquoise Reed @ May 6 2007, 10:24 AM) *

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

0_0

The most ****ing violent thing I've EVER seen! I reckon even Mr. balls-of-steel Andy would be freaked out by this (unless he's already seen it). Let's just say, given the choice in future, I'll DEFINATELY be riding in the back seat of cars wink.gif

But for criticism's sake, it was certainly interesting to see how Thomas became Leatherface. I always knew he would come around to his habit eventually, but I sorta expected him to kill his first victim with a chainsaw, not a sledgehammer.

For people who don't mind sleeping with a light on, I highly reccomend it. For people like me who can be pant-shittingly scared as easily as a 5y-old who's just seen their first clown, for the love of God stay the hell away from this.

Looks like I'll be sculling caffeine today 'cause it's gonna be hard as hell to get to sleep tonight biggrin.gif

LMFAO! laugh.gif

I'm glad that it scared the shit out of you. That's what horror movies are made for smile.gif

I watched it several months back, and thought that it was quite brutal and unrelenting at times. The only problems I had with it were that the chainsaw kills weren't as good as they could have been. The chainsaw kill in the Dawn of the Dead (2004) remake was absolutely awesome near the end of it, and I found it better than the TCM: The Beginning's chainsaw kills.

As far as selling out also goes, I didn't really like how the script writers opted for a Freudian analysis of how Leatherface came to be a sadistic, murderous cannibal. As I watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), I loved the mystery and aura that is Leatherface's past, and to open it up with the new film and show how a little kid abused/neglected etc was quite lame. It just took away all the shocking demeanor and brutality of adult Leatherface, and reduced him to a victim of childhood problems.

The visceral violence in TCM: The Beginning was definitely right up there, but as far as it being a movie goes, there is no satisfaction or pay-off from all the non-stop chainsaw-revving, slicing and dicing. Some scenes felt like it was bordering on a NC-17 rating (banned rating) - quite similar to the remake of The Hills Have Eyes (2006).
Xiitharn
little miss sunshine

very cute movie. has some good dark humor and the acting was done extremely well. loved it when the grandpa started off on the teenager about getting laid..classic stuff xD
thermopyle
Spiderman 3. Some parts were very cool, but imo, it wasn't as good as the 2nd one.
yeoni
Zwartboek || Black Book
Year: 2006 | Genre:Thriller/War

Throughout the whole movie, it was interesting. I liked the storyline and how everything was linked up. The ending was really nice and unexpected. Carice van Houten who played Rachel/Ellis was exceptionally good in her role. This was quite similiar to previous Verhoeven's works, still quite compelling as usual. It is truly a very captivating movie.

--------------

All the King's Men
Year: 2006 | Genre:Drama

Impressive cast = very boring film. I thought it wouldn't be that bad, but it was tedious, long, the storyline just didn't do it for me, lacked a lot of content. The acting was good, Sean Penn, very fiery indeed like he was popping all his veins.
Dark Yuna
Spiderman 3

It was longer than I expected, and it wasn't brilliant, but still quite good. Venom looked cool.
aorin
Spiderman 3

It was fine I guess, some parts were entertaining but others were cringe-worthy. Personally, I'm not into comic-turn-movie action show. And I felt that too many things were crammed into this one single story. If they had focused on a few conflicts instead of introducing so many villians, it might have suited my taste better.
Comrade Scott
True Romance
Michiko
Elizabeth I: The Virgin Queen (part one)

This is actually a two part PBS "series." The acting is quite good although it reminds me HEAVILY of the HBO Elizabeth show...seems to follow the exact same pattern.
Inhert
Spider-Man 3

I mean yeah, most of the CG stood out like a black eye but the film was lovable, mainly down to the light humour and strong emotional ties involved. I think the most powerfull moment in the whole film was when spidey streched out with one arm for mj while being held back by venom, wow.
Lonedove
Iím a Cyborg, But Thatís Ok.
A Park Chan-wook film that is very different from anything thing he has ever made. Nothing really much like his dark "Vengeance/Revenge series". It grabbed my attention at the opening with visuals that seemed like technicolor art. And then, held on to it with amazing and unique [not mentally sound. xD] characters. Im Soo Jung really did deserve the award for best actress. A very quirky and entertaining film.
Fran_Fan
Memoirs Of A Geisha

*le heart*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.