Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Final Fantasy XII x Star Wars
Final Fantasy XII Net Forums > General > Arts & Graphics
aorin
Though I've always noticed the similarities between Final Fantasy XII and Star Wars, I didn't expect them accomodate each other so well that it seemed uncannily spooky to a certain extent.

Without further ado, here's the link and may the force be with you.
Final Fantasy XII - The Saga Begins (American Pie)
Song: The Saga Begins (American Pie)
Artist: Weird Al Yankovic

Below is the name of the cast of characters from the Final Fantasy XII incorporated into Star Wars. Though, I'd truly suggest you watch the video and have the fun of finding out about them yourself laugh.gif

The Cast:
Vaan: Anakin Skywalker
Ashe: Padme Amidala
Basch: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rasler: Qui-Gon Jinn
Balthier: Boss Nass
Fran: Jar Jar Binks
Penelo: Shmi Skywalker
Jote: Yoda
Ondore: Jabba the Hutt
Nono: C-3PO

+ Special Guest Appearance +
Judge Gabranth: Darth Vader/Jedi

Comments and criticism are highly appreciated. biggrin.gif
tanjavasi
Genius!

At first I was a little uncertain if it would actually work with that song - but it does!
It is clear that you put a lot of effort into making this video - it all goes together so well!

Basch as Obi-Wan Kenobi biggrin.gif ...I never associated him with that character - it makes totally sense! (I always viewed Basch as a mentor figure to Vaan)
I feel sorry for him though, he will have a very hard time in turning this "small fry" into a warrior tongue.gif
aorin
Yeah, it was rather tough, the lyrics didn't gave me much problem, it was the length of the song which drained me. The song itself was 5 min+ and that's rather lengthy for me. Fortunately, I wasn't really lack of scenes cause Vaan is a great specimen for goofiness and made my life much easier. smile.gif

Hehe... I like Obi-Wan, more than Anakin and Qui-Gonn. Considering that Obi-Wan was the level-headed one of the group, in that sense I can associate him with Basch quite well. He'll make a fine mentor figure for Vaan, though he'd probably grew a few gray hairs while training Vaan into a Judge Jedi knight. It's a thorny road ahead, but someone has to do it and no doubt the self-sacrificial Basch would be the one to take up the job! angel.gif

Just to let you know, my fav moment was when a certain someone ends up toast and returns as a ghost. OMG, that was such a fitting character for him. Though, I dislike the idea of Basch being his padawan. tongue.gif
Ringo
hahha~ That was really cool, there really are a lot of similarities btwn FFXII and Star Wars tongue.gif
So Vaan's 9 and Ashe's 14 ^^ and they'll get married someday....in this case then I wish Padme married Obi Wan XD

So the Jedi council was made up of Vieras LOL
aorin
QUOTE(Ringo @ Jul 14 2007, 08:51 AM) *

hahha~ That was really cool, there really are a lot of similarities btwn FFXII and Star Wars tongue.gif
So Vaan's 9 and Ashe's 14 ^^ and they'll get married someday....in this case then I wish Padme married Obi Wan XD

So the Jedi council was made up of Vieras LOL

In FFXII/Star Wars crossover universe. Yes, I would have liked the idea of Padme and Obi-Wan much more. tongue.gif

And yup, the amazon bunny womans form the Jedi council to secure the peace of Ivalice. Actually, I had thought of using either the Archadia's Senates, Dalmasca war council, the Judges or maybe the Giruvegans. But in the end, I chose the Viera village for the sake of irony and humour. I can't really resist, especially when there was a line from Qui-Gon which mentions 'pointy ears'. Also, I think Jote worked quite well as Yoda laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.