Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New details on Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy XII Net Forums > Final Fantasy > FFXII - Revenant Wings
Prevailer
Here are some more, new information on the upcoming Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings for Nintendo DS:
http://ff12.gamigo.de/cms/news/neues/final...ffentlicht.html

And because its in german... here's a short comprehensive:
- Vaan is going to be the only protagonist, not like it was in FF XII, where he was only involved in the story of Ashe
- The logo wasn't designed by Amano, but Kamikokuryou
- You can fly an airship by the very beginning of the game
- The story goes deeper into Vaans relationship with Penelo
- Penelo becomes more feminin than in FF XII
- More light on charas that only made short appearance in FF XII

And the prologue from the press release:

An age when magic was commonplace and airships plied the skies... “Purvama, the floating lands. In the border-skies they wait. Untrodden, unknown.” So the legend went. And the children who heard it turned their eyes to the sky, and dreamed. There, above, an all but forgotten land—demesne of the winged ones. The Cache of Glabados is the key, throwing wide the doors of fading memory.

Does anybody know where to get the full press release? I only found this page, but I like to have the pdf.

Well, I hope its all clear, I'm not a native english speaker, sorry.
Larien
I like the idea of going deeper into Vaan and Penelo's relationship. They're cute together. smile.gif ...maybe a little too cute, what with the cartoon-y graphics of this game.
Ringo
^ Yeah I totally agree, they look somewhat too cute tongue.gif They must be targeting younger teenagers/kids^^?
and why is Vaan wearing exactly the same outfit?
*Sakura*
QUOTE(Ringo @ Oct 28 2006, 11:07 PM) *

^ Yeah I totally agree, they look somewhat too cute tongue.gif They must be targeting younger teenagers/kids^^?
and why is Vaan wearing exactly the same outfit?

Lol, that last sentence made me laugh. Anyways, this game seems fun but I am kind of cynical right now. I wished they would have stayed with Sony, even a game on PSP. I like the graphics, but to me they seem a little too childish. It could work, but Final Fantasy XII has such a mature storyline that I can't see it going from mature graphics to less mature ones. The sequel's graphics make it seem like its going to have a light hearted plot. It is still much to early to judge anything though.
Larien
QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Oct 29 2006, 11:23 AM) *

It could work, but Final Fantasy XII has such a mature storyline that I can't see it going from mature graphics to less mature ones. The sequel's graphics make it seem like its going to have a light hearted plot. It is still much to early to judge anything though.

Yeah, it does seem like they're almost making a laugh out of FFXII. :-/
S'laris
blink.gif While I've just now read about this...it's more money out of the bank for a Nintendo DS ><. (Depends on how the game is.)

Just as long as I don't have to buy a bloody xbox console system for FF in the future (in exception to FFXI). blink.gif
Ringo

QUOTE(Larien @ Oct 30 2006, 09:28 AM) *

It could work, but Final Fantasy XII has such a mature storyline that I can't see it going from mature graphics to less mature ones. The sequel's graphics make it seem like its going to have a light hearted plot. It is still much to early to judge anything though.

Yeah can you imagine Judges with that sort of cute looks? laugh.gif
*Sakura*
QUOTE(Ringo @ Oct 31 2006, 05:22 AM) *

Lol, yeah I hope this game does not become the new Final Fantasy X-2. I like X-2 don't get me wrong, but the plot was too lighthearted for me. I hope that this does not happen to Revenant Wings.
OMGWTFitzBEN
Penelo becomes more feminin eh? Sounds sexy, and the game sounds like pwnage. Bah, too bad I sold my DS xD. I totally regret that now, so many awesome games are coming out for it now. I got it right when it came out, and all the games sucked, then all the good games came after I sold it and I was like T__T. But yeah, this game looks cool!
Vameq-sama
ha i got it righ twhne it came out adn got Mario 64DS, then they both got stolen adn much later i got another blue one and now i got Animal Crosing and Mariokart and Advance Wars, and Mario&liugi and new super mario bros.
if i get this job, i'm gonna wanna get this, too provided it isn't some stupid crappy DS port, but i bet it will be gewd
Turquoise Reed
QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 1 2006, 10:46 AM) *
Lol, yeah I hope this game does not become the new Final Fantasy X-2. I like X-2 don't get me wrong, but the plot was too lighthearted for me. I hope that this does not happen to Revenant Wings.

Hm. Especially since 'Revenant Wings' sounds like such an epic title. But over the years I've grown to trust SE when it comes to Final Fantasy. I'm now extremely intrigued to find out what this new hybrid of a battle system will be like. If anything, I always love something new and refreshing.
The hero
The little cute graphics are like FF9!lol
Ringo
QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 1 2006, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Ringo @ Oct 31 2006, 05:22 AM) *

hmm...judging from the graphics, I think it looks quite lighthearted tongue.gif I'll be surprised if it's a serious game like FFXII with those cute graphics ^^ But I guess some ppl will probably like it more tongue.gif
Kaj
This sequal really appeals to me. I am very interested in the game smile.gif I will most defo buy a DS for it biggrin.gif

/loves all ff9 looking games xD
N2Y
Im kinda scared it will ruin FF12... Matsuno is not involved in the game whatsoever and well... he kinda made FF12 to what it is...
*Sakura*
QUOTE(new2ya @ Nov 6 2006, 09:00 AM) *

Im kinda scared it will ruin FF12... Matsuno is not involved in the game whatsoever and well... he kinda made FF12 to what it is...

I agree. But I am trying my best not to misjudge it. I really like the characters from Final Fantasy XII and I hope that they don't butcher their personalities. I am not to worried about Vaan's personality being butched, I think his characteristics will be safe. I am a little worried about what they will do to Penelo's personality.
Shalafai
QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 6 2006, 05:31 PM) *

I agree. But I am trying my best not to misjudge it. I really like the characters from Final Fantasy XII and I hope that they don't butcher their personalities. I am not to worried about Vaan's personality being butched, I think his characteristics will be safe. I am a little worried about what they will do to Penelo's personality.

Agreed. I think she's feminine enough in FFXII and even though I like her new outfit it worries me a little.
Quasar
I wonder how the storyline is going to be like. Is it going to be a mystery storyline with drama or just a straight forward plot?

And by the way, I do believe this game is going to connect with FFT. Because I do believe there a Glabados something in FFT. And I doubt the game will ruin FFXII. Even if it is bad, the game has no connection to FFXII's plot. It has a few of the characters but it's just another tale in Ivalice just like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Advance, and Vagrant Story.
Angel Valentine
Eh......I may get it down the road at some point, but I can't say I'm excited about it. Vaan & Penelo don't annoy me or anything but, I don't think I care enough of about them to go and buy a game centered around them ^^;
*Sakura*
QUOTE(Shalafai @ Nov 6 2006, 11:02 PM) *

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 6 2006, 05:31 PM) *

Agreed. I think she's feminine enough in FFXII and even though I like her new outfit it worries me a little.

Yeah, I like her new outfit too, but I don't want her to be there just so she can be eye candy. I don't want her going from mature and smart to playful and less mature like Yuna did. Jeez that bugged me. Anyways, is it just me or does the 'new' Penelo seem to look like she is blushing all the time.
Quasar
I wonder if in this installment they're going to make Vaan into a Sinbad like character( no not the comedian).
*Sakura*
QUOTE(Quasar @ Nov 8 2006, 03:30 PM) *

I wonder if in this installment they're going to make Vaan into a Sinbad like character( no not the comedian).

Lol, the (not the comedian) note made me laugh.

I am not sure if he will be like Sinbad. He is a sky-pirate now isn't he? So I guess there will be alot of traveling and things of that sort. I like Vaan more then I thought I would so I won't mind him be the main character.
Ringo
QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 9 2006, 07:43 AM) *

Yeah, I like her new outfit too, but I don't want her to be there just so she can be eye candy. I don't want her going from mature and smart to playful and less mature like Yuna did. Jeez that bugged me. Anyways, is it just me or does the 'new' Penelo seem to look like she is blushing all the time.

Errr......Yuna's personality in FFX-2 really did bugged me tongue.gif
I hope Penelo's not going to be like her at all!
Penelo blushing all the time? Maybe cuz she thinking about Vaan all the time biggrin.gif

QUOTE(*Sakura* @ Nov 9 2006, 09:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Quasar @ Nov 8 2006, 03:30 PM) *

Lol, the (not the comedian) note made me laugh.

I am not sure if he will be like Sinbad. He is a sky-pirate now isn't he? So I guess there will be alot of traveling and things of that sort. I like Vaan more then I thought I would so I won't mind him be the main character.

Sinbad~ hahah ~
finalbahamut
I read some news in IGN saying that they'll focus more in summons this time which is good. Too bad though that Amano didn't draw the logo that's probably a big disadvantage in this game..

Summon beasts will apparently play a big role in the game. Toriyama expects Revenant Wings to have the most summon beasts of any Final Fantasy game ever. The summon beasts will be the key to battles, said Toriyama, and their use will be different from that of previous titles.
Source: IGN
linkfan57
I believe that this game will be a good hit for Nintendo, but the DS is a bit lacking in the graphics department.

I subscribe to Nintendo Power and i have been keeping up on FF.

What caught my attention at first was that FF III is gonna be remade for the DS.

I read the article and looked at the screen shots and they looked great. Although they said it would only look that way for the opening scene.

So I believe that Revenant Wings would be a bigger hit on the PSP....but hey, i could be wrong...
finalbahamut
Yup PSP has better graphics they should release it there also..
*Sakura*
I wish they would put it on PSP too. I wish they would have just stuck with the PlayStation2 though.
Ringo
^ yeah PS2 would b so much better. Or even PS3 tongue.gif make it with beta graphic ^^ They might stil change their minds and start all over again ~ Like Resident Evil 4.
Fox
Yeah thats a bit strange...to have the original exclusive on one console and the sequel exclusive to another. People with only the DS won't know the FFXII story and people with only a PS2 won;t be able to play RW.
finalbahamut
QUOTE(Ringo @ Nov 17 2006, 01:03 AM) *

^ yeah PS2 would b so much better. Or even PS3 tongue.gif make it with beta graphic ^^ They might stil change their minds and start all over again ~ Like Resident Evil 4.

Yup they should just stick with Sony instead of trying other consoles..
Noelle
Maybe they thought it would be a good idea to go with the DS because the DS has the touch screen. Maybe, just a thought. They could be experimenting:)

I'm glad they are putting it on the DS because... I own one, and I don't own a PSP, hah.

I have to say, I'm excited about this game.
Ethereal Blade
QUOTE(Noelle @ Dec 16 2006, 04:53 PM) *

Maybe they thought it would be a good idea to go with the DS because the DS has the touch screen. Maybe, just a thought. They could be experimenting:)

I'm glad they are putting it on the DS because... I own one, and I don't own a PSP, hah.

I have to say, I'm excited about this game.

Well, it's probably on DS because it's super popular in Japan, but I have to agree with you in being glad that it's going to be on the DS because that's what I have too (I don't have a PSP). And I wasn't too enthusiastic about this game at first, but now it's starting to look very good to me. biggrin.gif
Kenith
QUOTE(Quasar @ Nov 8 2006, 04:30 PM) *

Hmm... I did think that Penelo was dressed like some one out of the late eighties... but then again we can only pray that the game won't come with a laugh track and the object is to score with the young landlord who is constantly angry with you....
aorin
For now, I jus hope FFXII RW has a good FMV opening like FFIII DS with the old cast . I could use some eye-candy. biggrin.gif

Judging from what little info we have now, I don't think we can figure out the story yet; apart that it is an adventure story.

I hope SE don't introduce too much new characters. Rather they should expand the older cast as much as possible; instead of introducing new characters in which i couldn't care less about. (Unless I get to have a moogle in my cast ^____^) happy.gif

Lastly, looking at chibi judge would make me laugh. They use to look so menancing but not anymore. SE is butchering the image of the powerful judges. tongue.gif
Ringo
QUOTE(aorin @ Dec 22 2006, 05:38 PM) *

I hope SE don't introduce too much new characters. Rather they should expand the older cast as much as possible; instead of introducing new characters in which i couldn't care less about. (Unless I get to have a moogle in my cast ^____^) happy.gif

Lastly, looking at chibi judge would make me laugh. They use to look so menancing but not anymore. SE is butchering the image of the powerful judges. tongue.gif

Yeah I hope they expand the older cast more too. The character relationships in FFXII is pretty vague (But I like the ending, I think it'll still work with no sequel. I hope this sequel won't spoil it).

Yeah I don't want them to introduce too much new characters too and hopefully that feathery dude isn't Rasler back from the dead (with a new look) to live happily ever after with Ashe tongue.gif

SE is butchering the image of the powerful judges. tongue.gif

haha that is so true laugh.gif

EDIT:
After seeing the new Jump Festa 2007 trailer from the official website, I think there are too many new characters sad.gif
and it seems that Basch and Ashe are not the main characters anymore. At least Balthier and Fran seems to be still....

Synthia
"I don't want her going from mature and smart to playful and less mature like Yuna did. Jeez that bugged me."

That was the only truly unforgivable sin committed by FFX-2. If they do to Panelo what they did to Yuna and Rikku I will personally bomb S-E HQ.
Prevailer
There was a quite big update on the official website this day:

characters: two new chara-sections, lluyd (the boy with the wings) and ba'gamnan. eight (!) slots are free.

world: the sky-kontinent is named Lemurés and the new race is named Aegyl.

system: something about the usage of the NDS touch pen...

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff12rw/
XManRCJ
Looks like from left to right its:
Balthier
Fran
Nono
and after that I'd assume Tomaj, Kytes, and whomever else we same in the trailer?

And this doesn't seem to have as many new characters as X-2 did, yet.....I don't get what everyone's complaining about.....
aorin
Looks like from left to right its:
Balthier
Fran
Nono
and after that I'd assume Tomaj, Kytes, and whomever else we same in the trailer?

From left to right:
Vaan, Penelo, Llyud, Ba'gamnan, Balthier, Fran, Nono, Tomaj, Kytes, Filo, Ashe and Basch.

I wonder how long before they reveal all the characters? unknw.gif
Red Mage
QUOTE(Ringo @ Oct 31 2006, 06:22 AM) *

IPB Image

Square-Enix makes one sequel to a Final Fantasy, and goes into a spiral of doing it more and more. Grrrreat. I'm sure I'll end up getting it eventually since I have a DS already, but I wouldn't have gone out of my way for this one. Hopefully it's not too bad.
XemnasLFSolidor
hmm...bummer about Vaan being the ONLY main protag. i mean, the org game is good, with all the characters with their own POV of the storyline.

-i know i'll sound weird,but i'll say what i want, this is a forum.
I'm guessing that if: Ashe, Basch, Larsa... will not come back on the RW. it(FF12) will lose a lot of fans. oh. i know that i (NO OFFENSE!!) enjoy bashing Ashe. But the game would be lifeless without her. she MUST come back. not to mention Larsa too...

dont you think that this has a slight similarity to FFX2?
how? AIRSHIP. ONE MAIN PROTAG. AND A NEW CHARAC.

the new character is mandatory, we cant stick with the original cast (since some passed away already).
-josh-
^ there isnt one character o_________O there likes heaps.. actually. Theres heaps of new main characters like ; the girl on the pink board, the two new guys and the guy with wings. And I think fran and Balthier will make a big part in the game. And ashe and basch will probally show up in the game o^^o And penelo is a main character toooooo

Plus the game will have airships since its about Sky pirates o_O

Ps nothing like ffx-2 only similarity is that it is a ff sequal and one of the characters lost a few clothings xD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.