Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New FF XII Revenant Wings details revealed
Final Fantasy XII Net Forums > Final Fantasy > FFXII - Revenant Wings
Prevailer
Posted by duckroll from NeoGAF (thanks!):

FFXII Revenant Wings - NDS - Price/Date undetermined

- Movement sceness and battle scenes take place on the same screens seamlessly (comment: I guess this means that it is like it was in FF XII, no random encounters)
- Combat is realtime
- You move characters with the touchpen
- Characters fight based on preset conditions automatically (comment: Gambits...)
- The concept is "showcasing a large cast of characters"
- Battles resemble Seiken DS (comment: anybody played this game??)
- Characters are small so combat can look confusing
- Summon beasts and big monsters like Ring Wyrms are 2-3 times the size of player characters
- You can flank monsters by simply sliding the touchpen
- Gambits and Mistknacks (Mist Quickenings) are expanded
-josh-
More info! woooo!
Ummm
I DOn't like the idea of the characters being so small...
but meh.
Whats the top screen used as then if the its all on the bottom?
Im going to go look up Seiken! AAHAHAH
Ethereal Blade
Thanks Prevailer, for the info! smile.gif

So... the character are "very small"... well, I hope they're not too small (it's no fun if you can't see them). Just... let them be big enough so that they don't look like little specs. tongue.gif

Anyway, all of the other details were good news for me. I haven't played Seiken DS, but everything else they mention sounds so close to FFXII... which is a good thing.

I'm especially excited about the larger cast-- hopefully this means there will be more playable characters than before. Having 6 playable characters in FFXII was absolutely fine, but more characters are only a plus, right? biggrin.gif

Also, with the summons... I wonder if they will incorperate old summons with the espers from FFXII; or if they'll do something else completely new. In any case, I think I'm more excited about this game, now that I've heard this.
Katya
It sounds like they're trying to make the gameplay pretty similar to the original, but in 2D. It should be interesting to see. Oh and the new winged character looks even uglier than the previous one. Go S-E! o_O
Lord_Valor
I have posted the scans that show the battle system monsters and more
Kenith
I guess they are trying to get alot out of the touch screen...

ugg I hate using the touch screen because I always think that i'm going to break it.
Roland
Yeah, I hate the touch screen too. I hope it's only an alternative way of controlling your characters.
Vameq-sama
I love using the touch screen..but for movement all teh time? i dunno...more for menus and such would be awesome..."hate the touch screen"...go play PSP >.> tongue.gif i despise games hat DON'T utilize it well enough...of courseu cna overuse it, but u have to meld it into the game nicely..."Mario and luigi" for DS...u use touch feature ONCE...and never again..and it's only to scratch off a picture... G A Y
Penelos_my_Girl
QUOTE(Ethereal Blade @ Dec 6 2006, 05:09 AM) *

Thanks Prevailer, for the info! smile.gif

So... the character are "very small"... well, I hope they're not too small (it's no fun if you can't see them). Just... let them be big enough so that they don't look like little specs. tongue.gif

Anyway, all of the other details were good news for me. I haven't played Seiken DS, but everything else they mention sounds so close to FFXII... which is a good thing.

I'm especially excited about the larger cast-- hopefully this means there will be more playable characters than before. Having 6 playable characters in FFXII was absolutely fine, but more characters are only a plus, right? biggrin.gif

Also, with the summons... I wonder if they will incorperate old summons with the espers from FFXII; or if they'll do something else completely new. In any case, I think I'm more excited about this game, now that I've heard this.
they said that they were gonna bring all the espers from FF12 back plus some new ones and they are going to play a bigger part in the storyline. Cant wait!!! laugh.gif
Turquoise Reed
Ooooooh! Flanking!

Tactical FF game mechanic? Hell yes!

I was a little dissapointed that in XII attacks would still do the same damage based on wherever you hit a monster, so a little bit more strategy pulled into the sequel is only a step in the right direction biggrin.gif
saaytin
But you can attack giant dragons from the back and have another guy attack from the front. This makes spells like thundara to only be cast on one person. Doesn't really matter for smaller enemies though.

Thanks for the info Prevailer, the battle system looks really really similar to a PC RPG with mouse selecting controls.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.